A misdiagnosis can cause a medical condition to worsen, potentially leading to irreversible health problems or even death. If a doctor’s misdiagnosis rises to the level of negligence, liable parties may cover medical costs, pain and suffering, lost income, and other damages you suffered.
A Frisco misdiagnosis lawyer from Underwood Law Office will fight for the financial recovery you deserve. We work to make the community of Frisco safer by helping those needlessly harmed by others, and your misdiagnosis case will be part of this mission.
Damages Resulting from a Misdiagnosis in Frisco
The consequences of a misdiagnosis depend on the condition in question but can lead to:
- Excessive testing, which may cause discomfort, trauma, and financial expenses for the patient
- Greater probability of health problems
- Greater probability of death
Misdiagnosing a patient could also lead them to undergo risky surgery or other dangerous treatments. When you are misdiagnosed by a medical professional, they fail to treat the problem affecting your quality of life. The potential damages, therefore, can be intense and widespread.
As we handle your misdiagnosis case in Frisco, we may seek compensation to cover:
Pain and Suffering
A misdiagnosis can directly or indirectly cause several forms of pain and suffering, including:
- Physical pain, which may result from treatments a medical professional prescribes or from symptoms left unaddressed
- Lost quality of life
- Discomfort caused by treatments based on an inaccurate diagnosis
- Side effects of treatments a medical professional improperly orders
A medical malpractice lawyer from Underwood Law Office will work with mental health professionals to identify all forms of pain and suffering you experienced.
Medical Expenses Resulting from the Misdiagnosis
Any medical services that have proven unnecessary should be recoverable. This includes any tests, treatments, or other procedures stemming directly from a misdiagnosis.
We may also recover the cost of negligent care. You should not have had to pay for a doctor to misdiagnose you.
You may receive money to cover professional damages resulting from a misdiagnosis, including:
- Lost income
- Lost bonuses
- Lost promotions
- Lost retirement contributions
- Lost earning power
- Lost productivity
A misdiagnosis can lead to medical issues that permanently prevent you from working. If this is the case, we’ll project the cost of your professional damages through your retirement age.
Any Other Damages Resulting from the Misdiagnosis
If you suffered any other losses because of a medical professional’s negligence, we’ll include those losses in your medical malpractice lawsuit.
Our Frisco misdiagnosis lawyer understands the elements of medical malpractice, and they recognize a misdiagnosis when they see it. They will pursue a financial recovery that fairly compensates you for the harm a doctor caused.
For a free legal consultation with a misdiagnosis lawyer serving Frisco, call (972) 535-6377
Why Choose Underwood Law Office to Lead Your Misdiagnosis Case in Frisco?
Underwood Law Office helps clients in their most desperate time of need. After you’ve been burned by a medical professional’s negligence, we will be a legal advocate you can trust.
As the client of Underwood Law Office, expect:
- A law firm that will take your case to trial if necessary: Our firm believes that juries often get it right in medical malpractice cases. If we believe you deserve more money than liable parties are offering, we won’t hesitate to take your case to trial—and our case results prove it.
- A firm familiar with Frisco: Our law firm’s local presence makes us familiar with the legal system in Frisco. We may also be familiar with the medical provider responsible for your misdiagnosis, as we regularly handle medical malpractice cases in Texas.
- Compassionate legal service: We treat clients with grace, knowing we would want the same in our time of need. Whether you are actively dealing with the consequences of a misdiagnosis or not, expect a human approach to your case.
- Full-service representation: Our team will manage every aspect of your medical malpractice case in Frisco. Never worry about your case when you hire Underwood Law Office, as we work hard until each case is complete.
Our team has been fighting for victims of negligence for more than two decades. We know how to serve clients and win cases. Let us fight for your financial recovery.
Client Reviews for Underwood Law Office
Our former clients praise our relentless fight for justice, as our testimonials show:
- “Mark and his team are amazing to work with. Mr. Underwood knows the law and it shows. Extremely happy with the service Underwood law provides.” – Tom Crandall, former client
- “Mark and his team are great. Mark was upfront and honest with me. He made sure I knew what was happening with my case every step of the way. He told me upfront about the expected timelines and any delays were communicated to me right away. His team was always very quick to respond to my emails and/or text. Underwood Law did an awesome job on getting my case settled” – Star Breece, former client
Each case we handle is a priority, and yours will be too.
Frisco Misdiagnosis Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
How Underwood Law Office Will Lead Your Misdiagnosis Case in Frisco
Our team will lead your case from start to finish. We generally handle medical malpractice cases by:
- Having our medical experts diagnose specific instances of negligence
- Gathering any medical records, expert testimony, witness accounts, or other evidence that helps prove negligence
- Documenting the damages resulting from misdiagnosis and other forms of negligence
- Calculating the cost of current and future damages
- Leading settlement negotiations with liable parties
- Completing any necessary trial
Our team serving the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex will protect you. Anybody who wants to speak with you about your case must speak with us. You can focus on recovery and other personal matters because we will complete every step of your case.
Call Underwood Law Office Today for Your Free Consultation
A Frisco misdiagnosis lawyer from Underwood Law Office will strive to repair the damage of medical malpractice. Your financial recovery may cover all necessary treatment and help get your life back on track.
Call Underwood Law Office today for your free consultation.