Personal injury law extends to cover many different incidents, ranging from car crashes to slip and fall accidents to medical malpractice cases and more. If you have fallen victim to an accident in Plano and you think someone else is liable for your pain and suffering, an attorney at Underwood Law Office can be there to handle your proceedings.
Whether your case calls for dealing with insurance companies or taking your proceedings to trial, a Plano personal injury lawyer can help carry the responsibility for you and your family. We understand that you have enough to worry about with your recovery. With an attorney fighting for you, you can rest assured knowing we are working on protecting your right to compensation.
For more information about our services, including how we will help in the fight to protect your right to compensation, contact an Underwood Law Office team member today at (972) 535-6377.
Personal Injury Practices Offered at Underwood Law Office
There is no telling what type of accident you may be subjected to when a negligent person puts you in harm’s way. That is why our attorneys practice in numerous fields of personal injury law, including:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car, motorcycle, and truck crashes.
- Nursing home abuse, extending to cover cases of neglect, dangerous medications, bedbugs, and more.
- Premises liability claims, such as electrocutions and slip and fall cases.
- Medical malpractice, including birth injuries and cases of missed diagnosis.
- Wrongful death claims made by loved ones for negligent accidents resulting in the death of a family member.
Legal Services Offered
Our specific services can vary depending on your unique legal needs. These services can include, but may not be limited to:
- Handling paperwork and communication with insurance companies.
- Assisting in negotiations.
- Trial litigation.
- Gathering evidence.
- Documenting your pain and suffering.
- Assigning a monetary value to your case.
- Offering guidance related to state and federal laws.
With a Plano personal injury lawyer on your side, you will be getting a team of Underwood Law Office attorneys working towards a common goal. To begin with your free consultation, contact an Underwood Law Office representative today at (972) 535-6377.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Plano, call (972) 535-6377
Common Injuries that Result in Legal Action
Injuries do not need to be life-threatening to warrant legal action. As such, different accidents can cause a wide variety of ailments, ranging from whiplash or broken bones to tissue damage or paralysis. Injuries frequently seen in personal injury cases can include, but may not be limited to:
- Hip fractures, commonly seen in slip and fall cases.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Spinal cord injuries.
- Damage to vision or hearing.
- Disease from exposure to toxic chemicals, such as mesothelioma and lung cancer.
Plano Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Types of Compensation Available
If the insurance company or court finds another party at fault for your accident, you may be able to recover damages related to many different types of pain and suffering, including:
- Economic damages. These include out-of-pocket expenses like medical costs, property repairs, lost wages, and damages to your future earning capacity.
- Non-economic damages. This form of compensation is meant to address mental suffering, such as the onset of mental illness, damaged relationships with loved ones, and general mental anguish.
- Punitive damages. Texas law allows a court to award these damages in cases of extreme negligence or wrongdoing. The presiding judge will grant this compensation as he or she sees fit, although it is typically reserved to punish exceptionally dangerous offenders.
The Role of Premises Liability in Personal Injury Claims
Premises liability plays a factor in numerous types of personal injury cases, especially slip and fall accidents and workplace injuries. This legal concept is meant to hold property owners accountable when their negligence caused your injuries.
For example, if you slip on a wet spot in a grocery store or get bit by a dog at a neighbor’s house, the property owner may be held liable if they did not do enough to protect you.
For victims in Plano, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 75.007 details that property owners owe a duty of care to invitees and licensees on their property. If you are legally allowed to be on a property, and the owner does not provide you with a reasonable expectation of safety, you may seek damages to help address your pain and suffering.
Talking with a personal injury lawyer may help you better understand the unique laws that govern premises liability claims.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
You Are Never Alone with Underwood Law Office by Your Side
Here at Underwood Law Office, we want a Plano personal injury lawyer to be able to offer you peace of mind. Although we cannot guarantee that every case will be eligible for compensation, we will do our best to let you know your legal options up front so you can gain a better understanding of the road ahead.
You should note that you have a set amount of time to take legal action in the state of Texas. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, there is a two-year statute of limitations on wrongful death and personal injury lawsuits. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 74.251 dictates a similar two-year limit on medical malpractice claims.
Taking note of this, we would love to start learning more about your case today so we can get started with our investigation. To receive your free consultation, contact an Underwood Law Office representative at (972) 535-6377.
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.