Reckless motorists put communities at risk, including pedestrians who have no physical protection from serious injury or death. A Plano pedestrian accident lawyer from Underwood Law Office will seek compensation for your medical care and other damages following a pedestrian accident.
When you hire an accident lawyer from our firm, you can shift your focus to your health full time while we take care of legal matters for you. From investigation to any necessary trial, we’ll lead your entire case. You can learn more today about your legal options during a free consultation.
Underwood Law Office Stands Up for Pedestrians Hurt in Plano—Here’s How
Our firm is committed to making our communities safer, and that includes Plano. Where motorists fail to honor their duty of care, Underwood Law Office steps in to represent victims.
We serve all kinds of pedestrians who suffer avoidable injuries, including:
- Those struck by motor vehicles as they walk on foot
- Bicyclists struck by motor vehicles or who strike motor vehicles due to a motorist’s dangerous behavior
- Scooter riders struck by motor vehicles
- Joggers and runners struck by motor vehicles
- Any other pedestrian or person using a small or non-motorized vehicle who suffers harm because of a careless motorist
Our firm takes the entire legal process off the victims’ hands. Our services in Plano pedestrian accident cases generally include:
Obtaining Your Account of Events Leading Up to the Collision
We will meet with you to obtain your account of the pedestrian accident. At this time, you may provide us with any witness-related information, documentation of your damages, insurance info, police report, or other relevant documents in your possession.
Once we have obtained all information from you, our team will move forward with the legal process.
Investigating Your Pedestrian Accident in Plano
Depending on your case’s circumstances, we may visit the accident scene. Our investigators and attorneys may also:
- Obtain video footage of the accident
- Obtain the police report if you have not already provided it
- Interview witnesses
- Hire an expert to reconstruct your accident
- Gather any other relevant evidence, accounts, or documentation
Our attorneys serving Plano want to have all relevant facts and evidence before they negotiate for you.
Calculating and Documenting Your Damages
Your damages will be a key feature of your case, determining how much compensation you deserve. Our team will determine which damages you’ve suffered, and which damages you may suffer in the future. We may then document those damages with:
- Medical records and bills
- Proof of past earnings, which may show how much compensation your accident has (or will) cost you
- Testimony from loved ones who have seen your accident-related damages firsthand
- Testimony from doctors and mental health professionals
- Expert testimony
Underwood Law Office will calculate your damages down to the dollar.
Completing Settlement Negotiations
We may complete your case with a settlement, providing that the offer is fair. You will have the final say over whether we accept a settlement offer or not.
Settlement talks are not always the last stop in a pedestrian accident case. We maintain the option of going to trial and will do so if your case requires it. When we assign a pedestrian accident lawyer to your case in Plano, make no mistake—they’re out to win for you.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Plano, call (972) 535-6377
What Damages Can a Lawyer Recover for My Pedestrian Accident in Plano?
Our firm will develop a complete record of your damages. As circumstances change, we’ll adjust this record, but we won’t enter settlement negotiations until we’re completely confident in that record of damages.
As we negotiate a settlement, your record of damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Non-monetary damages like pain and suffering, lost quality of life, loss of physical or cognitive function, or conditions like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Property damage
- Lost income, including bonuses and benefits
- Lost earning power
Our team also represents those whose loved one has passed away because of a pedestrian accident in Texas. These cases generally cause additional damages that designated relatives could seek under a wrongful death action. We can explain how the law works during your free consultation with our team.
Plano Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Why Pedestrian Accident Victims in Plano Choose Underwood Law Office
There is much at stake in pedestrian accident cases. You should make an educated, deliberate choice of a lawyer serving Plano, and we urge you to consider the attorneys at Underwood Law Office.
With our team, you will receive:
- Active communication, including multiple ways to contact your lawyer, regular case updates, and clear, honest answers to your questions and concerns.
- Respect, compassion, and understanding, as our firm knows how hard pedestrian accidents can be on victims. Your lawyer should be an asset on your road to recovery, not a weight on your mind.
- Financial support, as our clients pay no upfront attorney’s fees or costs. Our team pays your case’s cost, including all expert fees and court fees. We receive a percentage of your financial recovery only if we recover money for you. You will owe no attorney’s fees if we do not win your case.
- The support of attorneys and paralegals who know Plano, as our team has extensive experience handling cases in the city. We know the courts, laws, and practices that will govern your case, so you can trust us to handle your lawsuit properly.
Pedestrian accidents involve many variables, so it helps to hire a firm that understands this and can help build a strong compensation case for you.
Reviews Show Underwood Law Office Cares About Its Clients
Our former clients have left many positive reviews like this:
“Mark and his team are great. Mark was upfront and honest with me. He made sure I knew what was happening with my case every step of the way. He told me upfront about the expected timelines and any delays were communicated to me right away. His team was always very quick to respond to my emails and/or text. Underwood Law did an awesome job on getting my case settled.” – Star Breece, former client
Give our team a chance to fight for you.
Click to contact our Plano Personal Injury Lawyers today
Call Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation About Your Case in Plano
Don’t wait any longer to begin your case for justice. Our lawyers may have a limited time to file your pedestrian accident case in Plano, as Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally allows only two years to file a pedestrian accident case. There can be exceptions to this statute, so call regardless of when your accident occurred.
Call Underwood Law Office today for a free consultation.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form