Graduate and undergraduate students who are interested in applying for The Underwood Law Group Community Leadership Scholarship must agree to these terms and conditions:
- The student must meet all requirements set forth in the Rules for Eligibility outlined on the scholarship page
- The student must submit their application and all supporting documents by June 15, 2023
- The student will not hold The Underwood Law Office responsible for missing the application deadline due to technical errors
Anyone who meets the following conditions is NOT eligible to apply:
- Employees or children of employees of Underwood Law Office
- Past recipients of the Community Leadership Scholarship
- Applicants who are unable/unwilling to be interviewed by a representative of Underwood Law Office if he/she were to be awarded to scholarship.
- Applicants who submit the same essay for multiple scholarships
Scholarship Winner Will Be Chosen by a Scholarship Committee
The Underwood Law Office will designate a committee to collect and assess all applications submitted. The committee will select a winner based on qualifications, essay responses, and other characteristics that the group feels are relevant to meeting the objective of this scholarship.
The committee is entitled to contact applicants and request additional information or documents so that they can further evaluate an applicant’s worthiness for the Community Leadership scholarship.
The committee further commits to not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, national origin, religion, or membership in any other protected category.
Applicants must accept the committee’s decision as final and not subject to debate or negotiation.
The Underwood Law Office will use information gathered from the scholarship application process only for the purpose of considering applicants as potential scholarship recipients. The law firm will not sell, share, or distribute applicants’ information to any outside party.
The Underwood Law Office reserves the right to publish the scholarship winner’s name and essay, in any form of media it sees fit, including, but not limited to press releases, social media, and websites.
Return to The Underwood Law Office Community Leadership Scholarship home page.
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.