If you suffered harm due to someone else’s carelessness in Frisco, Texas, they may be responsible for your losses. The liable party may be a driver who hit you on Rolater Road or a doctor working at Medical City Frisco Emergency. They may have to pay for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
When you’re facing painful injuries, you may want help from the Frisco personal injury lawyers from Underwood Law Office. We can seek the compensation you deserve. We take cases on a contingency-fee basis, which means you do not owe us attorney fees unless and until we recover compensation for you in a settlement or court award.
Your Damages and Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
Our personal injury attorneys can listen to your story and identify all the losses you suffered. Two main categories of recoverable damages are available for Texas victims, which may include:
- Economic damages
- Non-economic hardships
We can collect evidence of these damages, including bills and receipts, paperwork from your employer, and testimony from expert witnesses. We will show this evidence to insurance companies during negotiations or at trial. You may be able to collect compensation for damages such as:
- Your accident-related medical bills
- Your estimated future medical expenses
- Property damage, such as car repair costs
- Missed wages from work during your injury period
- Reduced earning capability, whether that is temporary or permanent
- Pain and suffering
If your loved one passed away after an injury accident, you could collect compensation for some of these damages in a wrongful death claim. Our attorneys can help you build a strong case for the justice you and your family deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Frisco, call (972) 535-6377
How Our Lawyers Will Handle Your Frisco Texas Injury Case
Even if the offender did not mean to put you in harm’s way, they may still be held liable for your damages. In many social situations, you are owed a duty of care and should expect to be reasonably safe. Our attorneys know how to determine what evidence you need to show the other side’s responsibility. We will investigate your case and gather:
- Evidence from the scene of the accident, such as photos, videos, or police reports
- Witness statements
- Your medical records
- Accident reconstruction expert testimony
- Medical expert testimony
With this evidence, we can begin the negotiations or the lawsuit process. We may be able to settle your case out of court and receive a fair outcome without going to a courtroom. However, we have no problem taking your case to trial if this presents the best route for your recovery.
Our team can handle every detail of your case throughout the legal process: managing all communications, filing the paperwork, and speaking for your best interests at every step.
You don’t Have to Handle These Legal Complications – We Will
Unfortunately, few injury cases are perfectly straightforward. When you file an insurance claim or lawsuit, you may face many challenges, including:
- Delays from the liable insurance company. The insurance claim process may not move smoothly, and you may sense that your claim is being unfairly delayed. We can work to ensure your case is handled efficiently.
- An outright denial of your claim. You may be told that your case does not warrant compensation, or that the liable party was ultimately not liable. This may not be true. Our team will use evidence to demonstrate liability and your losses.
- Claims that your injuries aren’t serious. The insurance company may state that your medical care costs were not needed or that your injuries were not caused by the accident. You shouldn’t have to prove the reality that you suffered harm.
- Pushy tactics and lowball offers. You may feel pressured to accept a low settlement offer. Our team can step in and handle the negotiations.
You don’t have to tackle these complexities alone. We will take care of them for you.
Frisco Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Types of Personal Injury Claims We Handle in Frisco Texas
We handle many types of personal injury cases in Texas, including
- bicycle accidents
- car accidents
- motorcycle accidents
- slip and fall cases
- truck accidents
- medical malpractice
- wrongful death
Slip and fall cases are among the most common forms of premises liability claims. When a property neglects to address a hazard that injures a guest, that owner may be liable for the guest’s harm.
Other types of injury cases in the premises liability category may include negligent security, dog bites, attractive nuisances, and more.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reported over 14,000 crashes in 2017 that resulted in serious injuries. The total number of actual injuries was even higher, at over 17,500. You don’t have to let someone else’s careless driving leave you suffering hardships without compensation.
We can tell you more about how we handle vehicle accident claims. We also represent victims of car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accidents.
Medical malpractice refers to situations where a doctor, pharmacist, or other medical professional harms a patient due to negligence. Here, negligence can mean medication errors, surgical errors, birth injuries, and misdiagnoses.
In these cases, we may need to gather medical expert testimony to show that the care you received fell below a reasonable medical standard. We can help you secure this testimony when we represent you.
Other Types of Cases We Handle in Frisco
A personal injury lawyer from Underwood Law Office may also be able to assist you with:
- Boating accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Drug injury
- Coal mine accidents
- Construction accidents
- Wrongful death claims
If you believe someone else is responsible for causing your injuries or are unsure who may be responsible, we can help you. We will work to build your claim, answer your questions, and keep you updated.
Act Promptly to Begin Your Injury Case in Texas
Our attorneys recommend that you get started on your case as soon as you can. This is because:
- Evidence may be lost. Certain forms of evidence are time-sensitive, such as security camera footage or even eyewitness statements. Our attorneys will act swiftly to gather this crucial evidence—if you contact our team in time.
- Strict deadlines limit your time to file suit. In Texas, you generally have just two years to seek compensation after an injury accident (per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003). This timeline applies to both personal injury and wrongful death cases. If you don’t act within this timeframe, you could be barred from seeking the compensation you may deserve—even if you have a strong case.
The sooner you act, the more time you give your legal team to prepare.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Frisco TX Personal Injury Lawyers Are Ready to Help
Here at Underwood Law Office, we believe in seeking justice for injured people. If another party’s negligence caused you harm, our injury lawyers in Frisco TX can be there to help you navigate the legal system without adding any more stress to your life. We can fight to pursue fair compensation on your behalf so you will be able to move on with your life.
For more information about our services, get a FREE consultation with a member of our team. Call us today at (972) 535-6377.