Bicyclists are at a higher risk of sustaining serious injuries in traffic accidents than motorists. As a result, they may face extended hospital stays, a long time off work, and physical limitations. If you were hurt in a bicycle crash, you may have options for compensation.
A Frisco bicycle accident lawyer with Underwood Law Office can help you build an effective case, evaluate your past and expected losses, and fight for fair compensation. There is no need to pay us up front for our representation, as we work on a no-win, no-fee basis.
Responsible Parties for Your Bicycle Accident Injuries
If you suffer injuries in a bicycle accident due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, that person may be held accountable for your losses. Possible negligent parties in bicycle accident cases include:
- The other driver: If they opened the door without looking and hit you, failed to field, sped, or were under the influence
- The government agency: If they didn’t warn everyone on the road about potential hazards or didn’t fix them in time
- A vehicle parts manufacturer: If the manufacturer produced or designed a faulty part or failed to properly market the part
To prove liability, you must have supportive evidence. Some of which may include:
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- Witness statements, cell phone records
- The accident report
- Traffic citations
- Video footage
Seek Medical Attention After the Bicycle Accident
Immediately after a bicycle accident, you may not be able to determine whether you have sustained injuries. Even if you do not experience symptoms right after a bicycle accident, you should still seek medical help. Some injuries may only display symptoms later on and cause serious medical complications.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Frisco, call (972) 535-6377
Recoverable Losses in Frisco Bicycle Accident
According to CBS DFW, Frisco is no stranger to bicycle accidents. In October 2021, a young bicyclist suffered severe injuries after colliding with a truck on Independence Parkway and Sumac Lane.
The injuries you suffer will determine how much and which forms of losses you can recover. When your lawyer reviews your case, they may discover that you are eligible for:
- Past and upcoming medical care costs: For any emergency care, physical therapy, hospital stays, pain medications, surgeries, assistive medical devices, or ongoing doctor’s visits
- Property damage expenses: For the costs to replace or repair your bicycle
- Mental anguish: For any mental or emotional trauma you’ve experienced from the crash
- Lost wages: For the income, benefits, and opportunities you missed while you were treatment
- Lost future earning potential: For the change in your working capacity if you cannot return to your job full time or at all
- Pain and suffering: For the discomfort or pain you’ve suffered from your injuries
Those who have lost family members to bicycle accident injuries can recoup wrongful death damages. They may include end-of-life care costs, memorial, funeral, and burial service expenses, and loss of inheritance or consortium.
Frisco Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
What a Bicycle Accident Attorney With Our Firm Can Do to Help You
Having an attorney from our firm advocate for you will help take the legal burdens off your shoulders. On your behalf, they can:
- Create an evidence file
- Determine the cause of your bicycle accident
- Establish the negligent parties
- Enter into settlement negotiations and evaluate each of the insurance company’s offers
- Deal with all correspondence with other parties
- Take your bicycle injury case before a jury if we cannot settle
Your attorney will also keep in contact with you throughout your case, so expect regular updates. If you still have questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to reach out to them.
Our Clients’ Satisfaction Is Our Top Priority
At Underwood Law Office, we have achieved hundreds of millions of dollars in financial outcomes for our clients. While working towards the compensation they deserve, we also strive to provide quality client care.
Some of our clients have shared what their experiences were like with us:
“I am so glad I hired Underwood Law Firm. They were so professional and friendly. I would highly recommend anyone to hire them. I got what I was after because of them.” – Elizabeth M.
“Great people! Everybody at the Underwood Law Offices made one of the most frightening experiences of my life much more bearable.
Everyone there was always very helpful and very professional! Thanks guys/gals for helping me through one of the darkest times of my life!
I love yall” – Robert C.
How Much It Costs to Hire a Lawyer on Our Team Serving Frisco
Hiring a lawyer may not be as costly, difficult, and tedious as some people presume. The lawyers at Underwood Law Office handle cases on a contingency-fee basis. This payment model means that you don’t have to pay upfront or out-of-pocket attorney fees unless we secure compensation for you.
You and your lawyer will agree on a percentage that they will take out of your final award. That way, you won’t have to worry about surprise or hidden fees at any point in your case.
Click to contact our Frisco Personal Injury Lawyers today
Complying With State-Imposed Deadlines Is Crucial to Your Right to Damages
If you wish to file a lawsuit, one of our attorneys can identify which timeline applies to your situation. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, most people have two years to file suit – whether it’s for personal injury or wrongful death. If you don’t file in time, then you may be out of options for compensation.
Getting started early on your case doesn’t only help ensure you meet deadlines but also preserve evidence. If you wait too long, witnesses of the crash could misremember the events that led up to the crash. In addition, traffic camera surveillance that captured the accident may be destroyed after a few months. The sooner we access each of these forms of evidence, the more effectively we can build your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Connect With Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Case Review
Don’t think you have to fend for yourself after you’ve been injured in a bicycle accident in Frisco. Our lawyers could help you hold the negligent party accountable for your losses.
Call Underwood Law Office today at (972) 535-6377 for a free consultation.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form