One of our personal injury lawyers can help defend your rights if you’ve been injured in a car accident, construction incident, medical malpractice, or any kind of accident that occurred because of someone else’s negligence.
At Underwood Law Office we handle all aspects of your case, whether we are representing you in settlement negotiations or a personal injury lawsuit. We gather evidence, keep constant communication, file paperwork and more.
Contact our firm today at (972) 316-4236 for your free consultation with an Underwood Law Office attorney. Let’s discuss your accident and legal options all at no-obligation.
Areas We Serve
At Underwood Law Office, we have experience working on numerous types of personal injury cases including:
- Medical malpractice: a negligent health care professional was responsible for a missed diagnosis, wrong-site surgery, birth injury, aftercare or health management.
- Nursing home abuse: the substandard care to residents or inflicted harm such as malnutrition, bedsores, falls, improper medication, direct physical abuse or even neglectful monitoring.
- Motor vehicle accidents: In 2019, there were nearly 900 deaths involving intoxicated drivers in Texas, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). We represent car, truck, motorcycle and pedestrian accident victims.
- Premises liability claims: injuries that took place on another person’s property including cases of animal attacks, negligent security claims, slip and fall accidents and more.
- Boating accidents: this includes reckless and careless operation, boating under the influence and negligence by the operator of the vessel.
- Railroad accidents: railroad companies can be negligent, use old or worn out equipment or fail to operate in a safe manner and cause serious injuries to the public
- Aviation accidents: we represent both passengers and crew members who have been involved in a commercial or private airplane, corporate jet or helicopter accident
- Coal mine accidents: if you have suffered injuries from an elevator collapse, defective work equipment, lack of safety equipment, inadequate lighting, poor air quality or an explosion.
- Construction accidents: injuries from falls, exposure to hazardous material, faulty equipment, electric shocks, and more that are unfortunately common on construction sites
Even if you are not entirely certain how you came to have your injury, an Allen personal injury lawyer from Underwood Law Office may be able to build a case by investigating the contributing causes of your accident and you may be eligible to receive compensation for your damages.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Allen, call (972) 535-6377
Types of Damages You Can Recover For
You may be able to recover compensation for your damages if the responsible party is proven liable by your attorney.
Depending on your case, recoverable damages may include:
- All medical costs from the injuries of the accident
- The estimated future costs of all medical care
- Property damage, such as car repair or replacement costs after an auto accident
- Lost wages for time you were not at work and recovering
- Reduced earning capacity if your ability to earn has been permanently diminished
- Pain and suffering, both mentally and emotionally
- Additional compensation for becoming disabled
It is also possible to receive compensation if you are a family member of a person who passed away due to an injury. You will need to file a wrongful death claim in this situation. The personal injury attorneys at Underwood Law Office have experience handling these types of cases.
Allen Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
What an Attorney Can Do for You
When you retain an Allen personal injury lawyer from Underwood Law Office, we will coordinate all aspects of your case so you can focus your efforts on healing from your injuries.
Our firm can:
- Explain your case, the laws that apply and your options to help you decide on a legal strategy
- Answer your questions, give legal advice and keep you updated on the progress of your claim
- Handle all communications and paperwork on your behalf
- Engage the responsible party’s insurance company in settlement negotiations
- Bring your case to trial if they refuse to make you a fair offer
- Hire a medical expert to testify that malpractice transpired in your case
We represent all of our clients on a contingency-fee-basis with no up-front payments required. Instead, our attorney’s fees only come as a percentage of their settlement or court award when they win your case.
Evidence of Your Damages
As a service to our clients, Underwood Law Office will work to collect evidence of your damages and assign a monetary value to your case to use in settlement negotiations or if your case goes to trial. With more evidence, we can build a stronger case for the compensation you truly deserve. This may include:
- Medical bills
- Documents from your employer
- Receipts of your out-of-pocket expenses
- Testimony from medical, vocational and economic experts
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Deadlines for Personal Injury Claims
It is important to be aware of the legal deadlines that apply to civil lawsuits in Texas. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits average about two years, as set by Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
A two year statute of limitations also applies to medical malpractice lawsuits per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 74.251. However, some circumstances, such as suing a government agency or filing a medical malpractice claim for a person under the age of 12, could alter these deadlines and require you to act within different timelines.
Failing to act before the deadline expires can mean that you lose the legal right to pursue compensation for the harms you suffered. Speak with a member of our team today to ensure that your claim is filed as soon as possible.
Get a FREE Consultation with an Allen Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one are facing injuries, financial difficulties, or mental unrest as the result of a negligent accident, you are not alone. An Allen personal injury lawyer from Underwood Law Office may be able to step in and take over your case while you focus on your recovery.
We can discuss how we can help you strengthen your case when you call Underwood Law Office at (972) 316-4236 for a FREE consultation with a member of our team. You can also fill out our online contact form and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.