When someone else causes
your injuries through negligence, you shouldn’t be left footing the bill for all the harm you suffer. If you have been injured and believe someone else is responsible, the Allen personal injury attorneys at Underwood Law Office may be able to help you pursue compensation.
Our attorneys have experience in a wide range of personal injury cases. We also represent clients in wrongful death lawsuits if a family member has passed away due to their injuries. We work for you in all aspects of your case, from the very beginning to the resolution of your claim and going to trial if necessary.
Our Experience With Personal Injury Cases in Allen, TX
Personal injury law covers all situations in which you are harmed by another individual, business, corporation, or government entity. Our firm has worked on cases for clients in many of these situations, including the following.
- Medical malpractice: This may include an improper diagnosis, surgeries on the wrong area of your body, birth injuries, and a host of other occasions in which a medical professional is liable for the harm you suffer.
- Nursing home abuse: This can include neglectful monitoring, malnutrition, bedsores, falls, improper medication, direct physical abuse, sexual abuse, and financial abuse.
- Motor vehicle accidents: There were over 3,600 traffic-related fatalities on Texas roadways in 2019, including nearly 900 deaths involving intoxicated drivers, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). We represent car, truck, motorcycle, and pedestrian accident victims harmed in collisions.
- Premises liability claims: These types of cases involve injuries that occur on someone else’s property, including animal attacks, negligent security claims, and slip and fall accidents.
- Wrongful death cases: Our attorneys can help families as they seek compensation after losing a loved one due to another party’s negligence.
We also help clients injured in:
- Boating accidents
- Railroad accidents
- Aviation accidents
- Coal mine accidents
- Construction accidents
Depending on the details behind how you were injured, you may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. An Allen personal injury attorney may be able to build a strong case for the recovery you deserve.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Allen, call (972) 535-6377
Recoverable Damages in Personal Injury Cases
If your attorney can prove the responsible party’s liability, you may be able to recover compensation for the ways the accident impacted you financially. The harms you suffer are known as your damages.
Depending on the specifics of your case, recoverable damages may include:
- All the medical costs associated with your injuries
- The estimated future costs of all medical care
- Property damage, such as car repair or replacement costs after an auto accident
- Lost wages for the time you had to miss at work while recovering
- Reduced earning capacity, if your ability to earn has been permanently diminished
- Pain and suffering, both mentally and emotionally
- Additional compensation for becoming disabled
It is also possible to get compensation if you are a family member of a person who passed away due to an injury. You will need to file a wrongful death claim in this situation.
Evidence of Your Damages
We will work to collect evidence of your damages and assign a fitting monetary value to your case. With more evidence, we build a stronger case for the compensation you truly deserve. Evidence of your damages may come from:
- Medical bills
- Documents from your employer
- Receipts of your out-of-pocket expenses
- Testimony from medical, vocational, and economic experts
Allen Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Working With an Allen Personal Injury Lawyer on Your Case
If you retain an Allen personal injury lawyer from Underwood Law Office, we can coordinate all aspects of your case while you dedicate your time to healing from your injuries and getting your life back on track. Our firm can:
- Explain your case, the laws that apply, and your options to help you decide on your legal strategy
- Answer your questions, give legal advice, and keep you updated on the progress of your claim
- Handle all communications and paperwork on your behalf
- Gather evidence of the responsible party’s liability and the value of your damages
- Engage the responsible party’s insurance company in settlement negotiations
- Bring your case to trial if they refuse to make you a fair offer
We take many cases on a contingency-fee basis, meaning our clients pay us nothing out of pocket to get started. Instead, our attorney fees only come as a percentage of their settlement or court award if and when they win their case.
Deadlines for Personal Injury Claims in Texas
It is important to be aware of the legal deadlines that apply to civil lawsuits in Texas. The statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Texas is generally two years, as set by Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003.
A general two-year statute of limitations also applies to medical malpractice lawsuits, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §74.251. However, some circumstances, such as suing a government agency or filing a medical malpractice claim for a person under the age of 12, could alter these deadlines and require you to act within different timelines.
Failing to act before the deadline expires can mean that you lose the legal right to pursue compensation for the harms you suffered. Speak with a member of our team today to ensure that your claim is filed as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get a FREE Consultation With an Allen Personal Injury Lawyer
If you or a loved one are facing injuries, financial difficulties, or mental unrest as the result of another’s negligence, you are not alone. The Allen personal injury lawyers at Underwood Law Office may be able to step in and take over your case while you focus on your recovery.
We can discuss how we can help you strengthen your case when you call us for a FREE consultation with a member of our team. You can also fill out our online contact form, and we will get in touch with you as soon as possible.