If you or a loved one suffered harm in a collision with a big rig or 18-wheeler, our firm could seek compensation for your losses. One of our truck accident lawyers and personal injury lawyers in McKinney can investigate your collision, negotiate a settlement, and file your lawsuit within the applicable deadline.
At Underwood Law Office, our goal is to help you move past this challenging time. While seeking damages can be difficult, you don’t have to do it alone.
We Can Determine Whether You Have a Case
During your free case review, you can explain the details of your accident and ask questions about our firm. Our team can also determine whether you qualify to take legal action. For instance, if you’re filing a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of a late loved one, only certain parties can initiate this type of action.
You could have the groundwork of a truck accident case in McKinney if:
- You were injured as the driver or occupant of a passenger vehicle.
- You were hurt as a pedestrian or bicyclist.
- You lost a loved one in a truck accident.
- Your minor child was hurt in a truck accident.
In our meeting, our team can also explain how we offer legal help on a contingency-fee basis. Our firm doesn’t require starting costs to begin working on your case. Our lawyers only request compensation if you get compensated for your losses.
Prompt Legal Action is in Your Best Interest
It is important to note that Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 imposes a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits in Texas. This time frame begins on the day of the accident. If you allow this two-year period to pass without taking legal action, you could forfeit your rights.
Recoverable Damages in Texas Truck Accident Cases You Could Obtain
Texas law allows personal injury victims to seek damages pertaining to their physical, mental, personal, and financial suffering. Examples of recoverable damages may include payment for:
- Pain and suffering
- Disfigurements, disabilities, and other physical hardships
- Medical treatment
- Lost wages and a loss of working capabilities
- Loss of consortium
- Mental anguish
- Funeral expenses
There is no average settlement for truck accident cases in McKinney. Our lawyers, along with our network of consultants, will calculate your case’s value depending on your losses.
How Our Truck Accident Lawyers in McKinney Could Serve You
Here are some of the ways in which our team can seek compensation for your losses:
Our Lawyers Can Determine What Caused Your Accident
The majority of truck accidents occur due to operator error, per the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). Although some accidents occur due to unavoidable roadway hazards, for the most part, these crashes are caused by:
- Driving too fast for roadway conditions
- Making illegal roadway maneuvers
- Driving while fatigued
- Being unfamiliar with the given roadway
- Driving while sick
- Interruptions in the flow of traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
Our firm can use the police report, witness testimony, traffic camera footage, and black box data to learn more about how your accident occurred. Your lawyer may also consult accident reconstruction specialists who can use computer programs to gain more insight into your collision.
Your Lawyer Can Establish Liability for Your Losses
While the truck driver involved in your accident may have caused the collision due to negligence, that does not necessarily mean they are liable. The main difference between fault and liability is:
- The at-fault party caused your accident.
- The liable party pays for your damages.
So, if a truck driver caused your accident, their employer could be held liable. Once your truck accident lawyer in McKinney determines the cause of your accident, they can determine liability for your losses.
Our Firm Can Negotiate an Out-of-Court Settlement
Our years of experience have taught us important things about the legal process. For instance, did you know that most cases are settled out of court? With that in mind, your lawyer will attempt to resolve your case in this manner.
Here is a rough outline of what you can expect from the claims process:
- Our team will start by investigating the cause of your accident and the cost of your damages.
- Your lawyer will send a demand letter to the liable party. This document explains the facts of your case, including the amount of money you are seeking.
- The insurer will either deny or accept your claim. They might offer you a smaller amount of money than you wanted.
- Your lawyer will negotiate with the insurer. This process could involve presenting additional forms of evidence, pointing out the liable policy, or calling in economists.
- If successful, our team could resolve your case. Otherwise, your lawyer could go ahead and represent you in court.
Our Team Can File Your Civil Lawsuit
Our firm might take your case to court as a last resort if the insurance company refuses to settle. Your lawyer can handle everything involved in this process while you stay at home and recover. Our firm will consult witnesses, organize your case’s evidence, and follow all courtroom proceedings while your case evolves.
Our Clients Have Said Great Things About Us
Our law firm is committed to helping injured claimants in their time of need – but you don’t need to take our word for it. Check out some of the things our former clients have said about us:
- “My husband and I highly recommend Underwood Law Office…We could not have asked for better assistance with our case… I also loved their portal for their clients where you can check the status of your case, upload paper needed for your case, and communicate with them.” – Tammy L.
- “Thank you Patrick for your patience in dealing with my neurosis (lol) during my case process! My settlement was more than originally discussed. I greatly appreciate you for your fairness.” – Marguerite W.
Our firm has a 4.5-star rating on Google, judged by the testimony of over 45 people. Our lawyers are determined to put our firm’s skills to the test on your case.
Explore Working with a Truck Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Today
When you entrust your case to our truck accident team in McKinney, you are welcomed into a family of clients from all walks of life. Our staff firmly believes every citizen of this country has the right to seek justice when they fall victim to another party’s negligence.
To get started with your free consultation today, call Underwood Law Office at (972) 535-6377.