Realizing an 80,000 lb 18-wheeler truck is about to hit your 5,000 lb car is a petrifying experience. The vehicle size difference can cause many such accidents to end in catastrophe. If you survived such an impact or lost someone, our Anna truck accident lawyers are ready to guide you through the legal aftermath.
Underwood Law Office helps you understand your options. We become a team, fighting to help you recover a fair settlement or judgment for your property damage, injuries, or loss of a loved one.
Damages You May Recover from a Truck Accident
Damages are money you ask for in your case to compensate you for the harm you suffered. The goal is to get your life back to how it was before the accident or as close as possible.
Our truck accident attorneys help you identify the different ways your life has been affected so you can ask for all the damages you may be owed, covering such things as:
- Medical expenses, including the ambulance, ER visits, hospital stays, primary healthcare providers, specialists, medicine, medical equipment and devices, treatment, surgery, prescriptions, rehab, and long-term care
- Lost wages due to injuries temporarily preventing you from working
- Loss of future earnings, should your injuries permanently affect your ability to work at your previous job and cause you to work at a less well-paying job or not work at all
- Loss of care and companionship, should your injuries affect your ability to share love and affection or your ability to parent or have other caring relationships
- Loss of enjoyment of life due to injuries affecting your ability to enjoy and participate in activities you appreciated before your accident
- Physical disability, should your injury leave you with permanent physical damage
- Pain and suffering now and in the future
- Scarring or other disfigurements
- Mental health challenges due to the trauma of the accident
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
Recovering damages after an accident is an important step in your journey to successfully emerging from the trauma. Our truck accident attorneys help you fight for the compensation settlement or judgment you deserve. We have recovered millions for our clients, working hard from day one until the last document is signed.
For a free legal consultation with a truck accidents lawyer serving Anna, call (972) 535-6377
How Our Anna Truck Accident Lawyers Assist You
When preparing for legal action, even something as straightforward as filing a claim can be daunting and confusing. Our truck accident attorneys at Underwood Law Office undertake many tasks in support of your claim.
- Accident evaluation — Our attorneys collect reports and other documents concerning the accident from responsible agencies. We gather witness statements and photos or videos of the scene and compile the evidence supporting your statement.
- Retrieval of the “black box” — Many large commercial trucks carry a black box, also called an event data recorder. The box records the physical data of the truck and should have information from before and during the accident. Our attorneys work to discover if the truck involved in your accident was carrying a black box and, if so, what information is available.
- Communication and negotiation — We represent you when communicating with truck companies/owners, truck drivers and passengers, insurance companies, and other involved parties, and when negotiating for compensation.
- Trial preparation — Should a settlement out of court not be reached, our attorneys prepare for trial and represent you in your lawsuit
Our Underwood Law Office Clients Share Their Experiences
We appreciate each of our clients. Many thoughtfully go online to talk about their experiences with us, resulting in a 4.9-star rating for Underwood Law Office. Following are a few examples of what our clients have to say:
Tom Crandall says, “Mark and his team are amazing to work with. Mr. Underwood knows the law and it shows. Extremely happy with the service Underwood Law provides. If you are in Texas . . . definitely check out Underwood Law for your legal representation.”
Jessica Almaguer shares, “Mark Underwood and his firm are highly recommended . . . Their communication throughout the process was superb and in the end Mark went to battle for me and won!”
Rhonda Crockett-Crump says, “Worked hard reviewing my records, submitting my claim . . . Natalie was great to respond to questions and representing me . . . they won my case! Thanks Underwood!”
Anna Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
The Cost of Hiring Our Truck Accident Lawyers
Our attorneys offer you a free consultation so you can share what happened to you at no cost. We listen and provide answers.
Once we start working with you, you pay no attorneys’ fees unless and until we recover compensation for you. It’s that simple. Our fees will come out of your earnings, not your pocket. If we don’t win, we don’t get paid. There is virtually no risk.
Click to contact our Anna Texas Personal Injury Lawyers today
Potentially Liable Parties in a Collin County Truck Accident
When our attorneys are helping to put your case together, identifying potentially liable parties is a critical component of that process. Those who may be held liable for the harm done to you include:
- The truck driver, due to inattention, speeding, fatigue, or driving under the influence
- The truck owner(s)/driver’s employer(s), due to their responsibility for the trucker’s job performance
- The local agencies responsible for street maintenance and design, due to poor choice of materials or lack of maintenance during extreme weather
- The truck manufacturer or manufacturer(s) of truck parts, due to poor material quality
- The mechanics and others servicing the truck, due to inexperience or lack of attention
- The owner of the cargo and those who loaded the cargo, due to incorrect choice of transportation for that particular cargo, or incorrect loading resulting in shifting during transport
Statute of Limitations
In Texas, you’re given two years from the day of your accident to file a lawsuit (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003). If you intend to file, it’s good to do it soon after the event while evidence and memories are fresh.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Underwood Law Office Today
Our Anna, Texas truck accident attorneys understand you may need help figuring out what to do after a truck accident. We are here to help you every step of the way. Call us today for a free consultation to discuss your options and get your case moving.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form