The aftermath of a motorcycle crash can upend your everyday life, but you shouldn’t have to pay for someone else’s carelessness. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, determining liability and recovering compensation are two critical steps to take for your future.
Our Anna motorcycle accident attorneys from Underwood Law Office are ready to work with you. We can investigate your accident to determine where responsibility lies for your injuries and seek fair compensation through a settlement or court award.
Your Accident Compensation Depends on the Specifics of Your Case
There is no set amount of compensation that you’re entitled to as the victim of a motorcycle accident. Each case is different. When you sit down with our Anna motorcycle attorneys, we will discuss possibilities and expectations based on your circumstances. In general, the compensation amount may be determined by many factors, including:
- Your medical expenses, such as hospital stays, healthcare appointments, treatments, surgeries, medical devices, rehab, or prescriptions
- Wages you lost due to being injured and unable to work while recovering
- Future earnings you may lose if your injury prevents you from working in your current career or from working at all
- Long-term care, as may be required after severe injuries
- Property damage or loss from the accident
- Loss of enjoyment of life, if your injuries prevent you from doing the things you did before the accident
- The pain and suffering you experience now and that may linger for months or years
- The many costs associated with disfigurement or disability
- Funeral expenses for surviving family members who lost a loved one
Our personal injury attorneys have recovered millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We work hard for all of our clients and will be by your side every day in your fight for a fair settlement or judgment.
For a free legal consultation with a motorcycle accidents lawyer serving Anna, call (972) 535-6377
Our Motorcycle Attorneys Can Get to Work on Your Accident Case
In Anna and all over the state of Texas, you may claim damages against someone else if they caused your crash. Our attorneys help you support your claim in many ways:
- We collect official reports from police, talk to witnesses and gather statements, and capture pictures and videos from those present during the accident or from area surveillance video.
- We explain your rights under Texas law and outline what may need to happen from the time you come to us to the time your case settles or receives a judgment.
- We communicate on your behalf with all parties involved in the accident so that your focus can remain on your recovery.
- We negotiate with insurance companies with the intent of reaching a fair and full compensation amount for you.
- We may file a lawsuit and prepare your case for trial if necessary. We know how to represent your best interests before a jury.
Our Clients Talk About Their Experiences
We can talk all day, but what our clients have to say is truly worth hearing. Consider these recent testimonials:
“I can’t even fully express how thankful my family is for the outstanding work put in by Underwood Law Office. We were in a horrible motorcycle wreck. Mark and his firm has went above and beyond to make certain that we were taken care of. Through this journey with them though they became family. I highly recommend Mark Underwood and associate.” — Breanna Bates Fitness
“Everything is explained in great detail. If you have a question you never wait more than a day to get a call back. There is a lot of paperwork on your part. Make sure you have all your personal information complete and in front of you to fill out any and all questions asked by the Underwood Law Offices. Don’t give up no matter how long it takes. Underwood Law Office will be there for you till the end.” — Jenny Dabbs
Your Cost for Our Anna Motorcycle Crash Attorneys
Our team offers a free consultation for you to share details about the accident and your injuries. We talk about your next steps and answer the questions most important to you. At that time, we also discuss whether your case is an appropriate fit for our contingency-fee representation. This means you would pay no legal fees unless we recover a settlement or award for you.
Anna Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
The Statute of Limitations to File a Lawsuit in Texas
There is a time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit after a crash. It begins to count down from the day of your accident. Generally, you have two years to file for a personal injury case and two years for a wrongful death case. (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003) How long you have may vary, depending on a few factors. Our attorneys will help you figure out your timeframe for filing.
Click to contact our Anna Texas Personal Injury Lawyers today
Liability in Texas Motorcycle Accidents
Determining who is at fault for your accident and injuries is critical to determining who should pay for your damages. Several scenarios illustrate potential liability:
- Car and truck drivers may not see you and your motorcycle. Perhaps they don’t look carefully before changing lanes or turning, or they’re distracted because they’re texting or talking on the phone.
- Drivers may choose to drive while under the influence, which can affect their ability to drive safely.
- Drivers may execute illegal maneuvers or break traffic laws. If speeding, reckless driving, or other negligent driving behaviors led to your crash, you could hold them responsible.
Essentially, if a driver was negligent and caused your crash, we can work to hold them accountable. If the driver was an employee working at the time of the accident, their employer—such as a trucking company—could also bear liability.
Motorcycle Accidents Lead to Serious Injuries
In 2020, about 83,000 motorcyclists were injured on the road, per the Insurance Information Institute (III). Motorcycle crashes are one of the most devastating accident types on the roads. If someone else caused your crash, you shouldn’t have to pay. Families who lost loved ones also deserve justice for their loss. Our team can help you go after the results you need in a claim or lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Anna Motorcycle Accident Attorneys at Underwood Law Office
Our attorneys understand the damages that you can experience from the most minor of motorcycle accidents. We’re here to lead you through the legal steps necessary to recover a fair and full settlement or award. Contact us today. Get started on your road to recovery.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form