You can hire a legal professional to represent you after suffering a motorcycle accident. The American Bar Association (ABA) states that most cases end before they get to the courtroom. However, you might feel uncomfortable with the concept of representing yourself if your case does end up in court.
The motorcycle accident lawyers on our team can go to work for you in Denton or another nearby community. You can take any of your questions and concerns about seeking compensation to our law firm and receive a complimentary consultation.
How Much You Could Recover in Compensation
All cases are different and result in different amounts of compensation. The type of injuries and related losses you suffered, who was involved in your accident, and how the accident occurred can all determine how much you could recover via a financial award.
The types of damages you could pursue include:
- Economic damages: These will cover the losses that resulted in tangible monetary costs, such as medical bills, car repairs, or physical therapy.
- Non-economic damages: These are harder to assign a value to and can consist of losses like mental trauma, disfigurement, or loss of life enjoyment.
How You Get Your Settlement Figure
A lawyer from our team will calculate your settlement figure based on the value of each separate loss. They will add up all of your individual losses to come up with a total.
Valuing intangible damages is challenging without legal knowledge. You might be confused about how to attach a value to a lost limb or severe scarring, for instance. Do not worry. Our firm understands how Texas insurance companies and courts calculate these damages and can use this knowledge to arrive at a reasonable case value.
Your Lawyer Can Gather Evidence for Your Case
After a motorcycle collision, you should not have to spend time chasing down eyewitnesses to your accident or organizing your insurance paperwork. We want you to focus your attention on your recovery and your family while placing these legal duties in the hands of our team. We can:
- Communicate with the insurance companies and the other party’s legal team
- File any paperwork with the appropriate parties
- Go to court, if need be
- Find and interview eyewitnesses to the accident
- Secure any security or traffic camera footage that captured the accident
We can also:
- Monitor the traffic patterns at the location of the accident
- Research the weather on the day of the accident
- Secure the police report
- Speak with your medical team to understand your condition
- Recruit medical expert witnesses and accident reconstructionists to affirm your claim
We have helped many people in your position, and we know what to expect from this kind of personal injury case. If there is another way to help you, we will do it. We will also answer your questions, inform you of your options, and protect your legal rights at all stages of your case.
Determining How Your Accident Occurred
One of the most important things we will do for you is to figure out how you got hurt and who is responsible for your losses. We can do this by analyzing all the evidence we collect. We will then tell you all we find out. You might have suffered harm due to:
- Failure to yield: Many drivers fail to signal or check their blind spots for motorcycles before merging or changing lanes. Such negligent behavior is often the cause of motorcycle collisions.
- Intoxication: Driving under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, or over-the-counter medication that alters a person’s state is illegal, per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). The other driver’s concentration, judgment, and reaction time may have suffered due to their intoxication, causing them to hit you.
- Lack of road maintenance: A municipality might have left roadkill in the way of traffic or failed to repair a pothole that led to your injury.
What You Can Do to Help Your Case
You might feel that there is nothing you can do until your lawyer has a complete understanding of your case, however, there are ways you can help us right away and give our team a head start. For example, you can organize all of the paperwork you have already collected regarding your accident. Doing so can save us some time during the investigation and evidence collection phase, allowing us to focus more on preparing your case.
Another thing you can do for us is to stay off of social media. It can be tempting to fill your friends and acquaintances in on the accident and your injuries. However, the insurance companies might check your page, hoping that you will admit fault or misrepresent the circumstances of the accident.
What to Expect from the Negotiation Process
Our team will begin working for you by hearing about your case and your injuries. We want to know what you have gone through so we can formulate a plan. Then, we will hunt for all available evidence that we can use to prove your claim to the insurance company.
We will then negotiate for a fair settlement. If the insurer unfairly denies your claim, undervalues your claim, or refuses to cooperate (by not taking our calls, for example), our team can take your case to court by filing a lawsuit.
At this point, one of our accident attorneys would argue your case in court in hopes of securing a favorable verdict. If we succeed in doing so, then you would pay us our fee. You do not have to pay us before we start working for you or on an hourly basis.
Call the Attorneys at Underwood Law Firm to Learn How We Can Help You
Call Underwood Law Office at (972) 535-6377 to get started. We offer all prospective clients a free consultation, so you have nothing to lose by calling us. Do not wait to call, as there are timelines in place that limit how long you have to act.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form