After you or someone you love has been injured in a car accident, a Denton car accident lawyer from Underwood Law Office can fight for the compensation you need and deserve. You may be able to secure a recovery for lost wages, medical bills, lost earning potential, and more.
Types of Damages You May Recover
We are determined to recover every compensable loss in your case. We will calculate your case’s overall value based on the facts of your situation and then pursue compensation for your damages, such as:
- Current and future medical bills
- Lost income
- Lost future earning ability
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Tips, commissions, and employee benefits
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical therapy and mental health counseling costs
You May Be Able to Recover Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a family member in a car accident, you may be able to recover wrongful death damages. This could help you and your family support yourselves financially while coping with your loss.
There are both economic and non-economic wrongful death damages, including:
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Loss of family income
- Loss of family guidance
- Mental anguish
- Funeral and burial/cremation expenses
- Loss of consortium
How We Calculate a Case’s Value
It can be difficult for an accident victim or their family members to give monetary values to their losses, especially if they have non-economic losses, like pain and suffering. However, an accident lawyer can help with this.
Our firm’s personal injury lawyers have various methods of assigning monetary values to non-economic losses and calculating a case’s value. Insurers, other lawyers, and judges recognize these methods, so they often approve our valuations.
We’ve Recovered Millions for Our Clients
In the time we’ve been serving injured Texans, we’ve secured millions for our clients. Here are some of our notable car accident case outcomes:
- Our client was rear-ended and required neck surgery afterward. The gross settlement amount in this case was $750,000.
- We took a client’s case to court after another driver sideswiped his car on the highway. We secured a $201,798 award at trial.
- Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury in an accident caused by poorly maintained tires on a company-owned vehicle. The gross settlement in this case was $1.179 million.
We encourage you to read more about our case results if you’d like to learn more about what we’ve done for our clients and how we may be able to help you.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Denton, call (972) 535-6377
We May Help You Prove the Other Party Was at Fault
Car accidents can disrupt your life, burdening you with expenses you never expected. At Underwood Law Office, we serve victims of negligence just like you. Here is how we will fight for your rights:
We Will Investigate Your Accident and Aim to Prove Negligence
First, our team will investigate the causes and circumstances of your accident. We will speak with witnesses, track down video footage, and comb through official records to determine what happened and who is responsible.
We will be looking for proof of some of the most negligent driving practices, such as:
- Drunk driving and drug-impaired driving: Substances can impact a driver’s senses, reflexes, and judgment skills, leaving them unable to operate a vehicle properly. Many illegal drugs or even some prescription medications can impair driving.
- Drowsy driving: If drowsy drivers fall asleep at the wheel, it can lead to serious accidents. Fatigued drivers can also suffer similar impaired reflexes and senses as drunk drivers.
- Aggressive driving: This includes reckless driving behaviors like speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of lanes, ignoring traffic signs and signals, and road rage. When driving aggressively, a driver may be unable to see and respond to other vehicles in time to prevent an accident.
Our investigation may establish that the other driver breached their duty of care (their responsibility to drive safely), and they should therefore pay for your expenses.
We Can Identify Other At-Fault Parties
The other driver may not be at fault in your case. For example, faulty auto parts may have caused the accident, making a vehicle’s designer or manufacturer at fault. The government or one of its agencies may be at fault if inadequate road maintenance, lighting, or signage caused the accident.
Multiple parties may be liable in your case. If so, we can identify each party and distribute fault among them, holding each of them accountable.
We will collect and examine your case’s evidence. From there, your car accident lawyer in Denton will provide you with advice about moving forward with your case.
We Will Advocate for You and Your Loved Ones
Our next step will be to file your lawsuit or claim. We will be by your side every step of the way through this process, advocating for your best interests and defending your rights.
Unlike the insurance companies, we are on your side. Insurance companies may try to pay you less than what you are owed so they can protect their bottom lines. We know their tricks, and we know how to fight back.
We will negotiate with the insurers so that you do not have to. We will work to get the best possible settlement for you and your loved ones. That way, you can focus on your recovery instead of your claim.
If negotiating does not work, we will take your case to court. There, we will argue before a judge and/or jury. We are not afraid of the courtroom, and we have no problem advocating for your rights through a lawsuit.
Denton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
About Our Firm
Since 1997, our firm has been helping people like you recover their due compensation. Our cases vary from simple claim cases to major lawsuits, including personal injury claim cases (like car accidents), disability cases, and more.
Our attorneys include Mark Forest Underwood, John Patrick L. Stephens, and Melissa Munich-Droz. Each is dedicated to representing their clients’ interests to insurers, corporations, and judges and recovering fair compensation. One of our attorneys would be proud to represent you.
To represent and serve you in your car accident case, your attorney will provide several invaluable services, including:
- Determining which damages you’re entitled to
- Calculating the value of your case
- Collecting evidence for your case, including the police report, traffic camera footage, dash camera footage, and other evidence
- Collecting corroborating evidence for your case, such as witness testimonies and expert statements
- Taking care of all the legal paperwork and processes for you
- Fighting on your behalf for fair compensation
- Representing you to the insurer or a judge and/or jury
Allowing You to Focus on What Really Matters
Since we’ll take on every task in your case, you can focus on other important matters, like your recovery and your family. We’ll update you throughout your case so you won’t have to worry about how it’s progressing.
Click to contact our Denton Personal Injury Lawyers today
How Car Accident Laws in Texas Can Affect Your Case
There are a couple of statutes to keep in mind as you pursue compensation for your injuries. Texas’ proportionate responsibility statute and the statute of limitations may impact your case and the damages you can recover.
Proportionate Responsibility in Texas
If you fear that you may be partially at fault for the accident, that does not mean you are out of options. In fact, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001, as long as you can show that the other driver was more at fault than you were for the accident, you may still recover compensation for your injuries.
This is called “proportionate responsibility,” and it protects your right to file a claim or lawsuit even if you are partially to blame for the accident. However, the amount you are able to recover will be adjusted based on the amount of fault you have for the accident.
Statute of Limitations
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years from the initial accident to file a lawsuit. However, this is not a hard and fast rule. There may be circumstances that lengthen or shorten your timeline for filing your lawsuit.
If you are worried that your time is up, you should still consider your legal options. We encourage you to call our team to learn about an appropriate course of action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Our Law Firm Today to Get Started
Call Underwood Law Office today to receive your free consultation and learn how a car accident lawyer can serve you. During your consultation, we’ll go over your case with you and advise you how to proceed.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form