After you or someone you love has been injured in a Denton car accident, a personal injury lawyer from Underwood Law Office can fight for the compensation you need and deserve. You may be able to secure recovery for lost wages, medical bills, and lost earning potential.
Types of Damages You Can Recover
We are determined to recover every compensable loss in your case. We will calculate your case’s overall value based on the facts of your situation. In addition, we will pursue the following expenses:
- Medical bills, even future ones
- Lost income
- Lost future earning ability
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Tips, commissions, and employee benefits
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Physical therapy and mental health counseling
We’ve Recovered Millions for Our Clients
In the time that we’ve served injured Texans, we’ve secured millions for our clients. In terms of motor vehicle accidents, here are some of our notable case outcomes:
- Our client was rear-ended at 15 miles per hour, requiring neck surgery in the collision’s aftermath. The gross settlement amount in this case was $750,000.
- We took our client’s case to court after his car was sideswiped on the highway. We secured a $201,785 award at trial.
- Our client suffered a traumatic brain injury because of the poorly maintained tires on a company-owned vehicle. The gross settlement in this case was $1.17 million.
We encourage you to read more about our past case results.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Denton, call (972) 535-6377
We Can Help You Prove the Other Party Was at Fault
Car accidents can disrupt your life, saddling you with expenses you were never expecting. At Underwood Law Office, we serve victims of negligence just like you. Here is how we will fight for your rights:
We Will Investigate Your Accident and Prove Negligence
First, our team will investigate the causes and circumstances of your accident. We will speak with witnesses, track down video footage, and comb through official records to determine what happened and who is responsible.
We will be looking for proof of some of the most negligent driving practices, including:
- Drunk driving and drug-impaired driving. Substances can impact a driver’s senses, reflexes, and judgment skills, leaving them liable for the damage their recklessness causes. Drugs can be both illegal drugs, as well as prescription medications.
- Drowsy driving. Drowsy drivers can fall asleep at the wheel, causing serious accidents. They can also suffer similar impaired reflexes and senses like that of drunk drivers.
- Aggressive driving. This includes reckless driving behaviors like speeding, tailgating, weaving in and out of lanes, ignoring traffic signs and signals, and road rage. When driving aggressively, a driver may be unable to see and respond to other vehicles in time to prevent an accident.
Our investigation may uncover proof that the other party breached their duty of care, and therefore, should pay for your expenses.
We Can Identify All at-fault Parties
After concluding our investigation, we can determine who should pay for your losses. It may not be another driver.
For example, the accident may have been caused by faulty auto parts, making a vehicle’s designer or manufacturer at fault. The government or one of its agencies may be at fault if the accident was caused by inadequate road maintenance, lighting, or signage.
We will collect and examine your case’s evidence. From there, your car accident lawyer in Denton will provide you advice moving forward.
We Will Advocate for You and Your Loved Ones
Our next step will be to file your lawsuit or claim. We will be by your side every step of the way through this process, advocating for your best interests and defending your rights.
Unlike the insurance companies, we are on your side. Insurance companies will often try to pay you less than what you are owed so they can protect their bottom lines. We know their tricks, and we know how to fight back.
We will negotiate with the insurers so that you do not have to. We will work to get the best possible settlement for you and your loved ones. That way, you can focus on your recovery instead of your claim.
If negotiating does not work, then we will take your case to court. There, we will argue before a judge or jury who can render a verdict. We are not afraid of the courtroom, and we have no problem advocating for your rights through a lawsuit.
Denton Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
How Car Accident Laws in Texas Can Affect Your Case
There are a couple of statutes to keep in mind as you pursue compensation for your injuries. Your case and the damages you can recover may be impacted by the proportionate responsibility statute, as well as the statute of limitations.
Proportionate Responsibility in Texas
If you fear that you may be partially at fault for the accident, that does not mean you are out of options. In fact, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §33.001, as long as you can show that the other driver was more at fault than you were for the accident, then you can recover compensation for your injuries.
This is called “proportionate responsibility,” and it protects your right to file a claim or lawsuit even if you did not do everything perfectly. However, the amount that you are able to recover may be adjusted based on the amount of fault you have for causing the accident.
Statute of Limitations
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003, you generally have two years from the initial accident in which to file your lawsuit. However, this is not a hard and fast rule. There may be circumstances that lengthen or shorten your timelines for filing your case.
If you are worried that your time is up, you should still consider your legal options. We encourage you to call our team to determine an appropriate course of action.
Call Our Expert Attorneys Today to Get Started
Call Underwood Law Office today to receive your free consultation and to learn about how a car accident lawyer can serve you.