Prosper Car Accident Lawyer

If a negligent driver caused your car accident in Prosper, Texas, you may be facing a long recovery process, a totaled vehicle, time off from work, and uncertainty about the legal steps for recovering compensation.

This situation can be a challenging situation for anyone to handle on their own. Fortunately, a Prosper car accident lawyer from Underwood Law Office may be able to support you at this critical time. Underwood Law Office can take over the legal work in your case the moment you sign-on. We can handle your insurance claim, settlement negotiations, and personal injury lawsuit when we represent you.

Underwood Law Office offers our services on a contingency-fee-basis with no upfront payments required. To discuss your case with a member of our team in a free, no-obligation consultation, please call us at (972) 535-6377 today.

Pursuing Compensation for Car Accident Injuries

An important first step in every car accident case is determining who was at fault for the accident.

Depending on the accident, a variety of parties could be liable, such as:

It might not always be clear to you who was responsible after an accident, and that is okay. A Prosper car accident lawyer from Underwood Law Office can investigate your case to determine who is liable for your accident after the fact. This investigation may incorporate:

You Can Share Fault and Still Get Compensation in Texas

It is also important to know going into your case that Texas has a modified comparative negligence system. Even if you were partially at fault for your accident, you may be able to recover partial compensation, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001.

For example, imagine you were driving over the speed limit, but a car going the other way failed to yield and turned left illegally in front of you, causing your accident. A judge may rule that you are 20 percent at fault for the accident and the other driver was 80 percent at fault. If the judge calculated your total damages to be worth $100,000, the court will reduce your payout by 20 percent to $80,000.

If you were 51 percent or more responsible for the accident, however, Texas law may bar you from any type of recovery.

Even if your actions may have contributed to the accident, Underwood Law Office invites you to call our firm for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team at (972) 535-6377.

Damages You May Be Able to Recover

If you are able to prove the other party’s liability for your accident, you may be able to recover compensation for your accident-related damages, such as:

In the tragic event that a Prosper car accident took your loved one’s life, Underwood Law Office may be able to help you pursue a different set of damages in a wrongful death lawsuit. These damages may include:

To learn more about your potential for pursuing a wrongful death case, call Underwood Law Office today.

Working with Underwood Law Office on Your Case

When you work with a Prosper car accident lawyer from Underwood Law Office on your case, our team can:

We can also be available to you throughout your case to answer your questions, give you legal advice, and update you on your case so that you can focus your time and energy on recovering from your injuries.

The Deadlines in Your Case

Time is limited to take legal action for your car accident injuries in Texas. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 imposes a general two-year statute of limitations on both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. If you wait too long and allow this time limit to run out in your case, it could mean that the courts dismiss your lawsuit, and you are unable to recover compensation.

Some circumstances could alter the deadlines in your case. Underwood Law Office can explain the time limits in your case when you call us for a free consultation. The sooner you call, the sooner we can get started helping you.

Underwood Law Office Can Defend Your Rights

A Prosper car accident lawyer from our Underwood Law Office may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning you do not pay our attorney fees unless and until you recover compensation in a settlement offer or court award.

If you are considering working with a lawyer on your case, the time to act is now. Call Underwood Law Office today at (972) 535-6377 for a free, no-obligation consultation with a member of our team. We will be happy to discuss your accident, your legal options, and how we may be able to help you pursue compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.

Can We Help With Your Case?

© 2020 Copyright by Underwood Law Offices. All rights reserved. Disclaimer | Site Map | Privacy Policy