A Frisco Texas car accident lawyer from Underwood Law Office can secure a financial recovery for you. Injuries or a loved one’s death may entitle you to coverage for your losses.
We stand up for people who have been needlessly harmed by others. Let us identify the liable parties and seek fair awards for you.
Types of Recoverable Damages in a Car Accident Case
As the location of more than 200,000 residents and countless visitors, Frisco sees many car accidents—and each one has a unique story.
Our firm will learn the facts of your accident, carefully noting the losses that you have suffered. We may recover compensation for:
- Vehicle repairs
- Replacement of your vehicle (if it is totaled)
- Ambulance transport
- Emergency medical care
- Rehabilitation costs
- Medical equipment required for your injuries
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Lost bonuses and employer-matched retirement contributions
- Pain and suffering
Every victim suffers unique losses. It is our firm’s job to identify what your losses are.
What Is a Car Accident Case Worth?
The value of your losses will determine the value of your case. There is no standard value for car accident cases. So, our team will determine your case’s value by:
- Identifying every loss
- Determining how long a specific loss (like lost income) will affect you
- Projecting the future value of your loss
- Calculating the total of your present and future losses
The value of your case is the amount that we will seek through a settlement.
Will You Receive a Settlement for Your Accident?
Our team will do everything possible to settle your case. A settlement can refer to:
- Compensation given by the insurance company
- An award given by a court of law
Your lawyer may have one shot at negotiating a settlement. They will not leave the negotiating table until they have exhausted all efforts, including:
- Presenting witness testimony
- Presenting expert testimony
- Making oral points that support your case
- Presenting evidence of negligence
- Presenting proof of losses
- Explaining why your case is worth what it is worth
We expect pushback from insurance companies and attorneys. However, Underwood Law Office will not allow you to be taken advantage of. We will fight for every cent of compensation that you deserve.
We’ve Recovered Millions for Injured Claimants in Frisco, Texas
We could go on all day about our commitment to your case’s success. However, our results speak louder than our words. Some of our case results include:
- A $1.7 million settlement. Our client’s car hydroplaned while he drove a company car. We found that defective tires caused the accident and pursued his damages accordingly.
- A $750,000 settlement. Our client suffered serious injuries in a low-speed car accident. We negotiated with the liable insurer to recover compensation for his healthcare expenses.
- A $201,798 court award. Our client suffered a neck injury after being sideswiped by another vehicle. We presented his case in court and recovered compensation for his economic and noneconomic damages.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Frisco, call (972) 535-6377
Underwood Law Office Protects Your Financial Interests
Underwood Law Office protects you financially by:
- Determining what compensation you deserve
- Fighting for the full amount of compensation
- Offering a contingency-fee structure
Contingency fees mean that, as a client of our firm, you do not pay us anything unless we win your case. As Harvard Law explains, this sort of fee allows us to evaluate your case honestly. Our firm pays upfront case expenses and will not be paid for an unsuccessful outcome. In other words, we accept cases that are worth trying.
Our team proudly serves those harmed by car accidents in Frisco, Texas. If you want to pursue fair compensation for your collision, hire a lawyer from Underwood Law Office.
What Our Past Clients Say About Underwood Law Office
When deciding which law firm to hire, consider the reviews of past clients. Here are some client impressions of Underwood Law Office:
- “Excellent Legal Representation!!! Don’t waste time contacting other lawyers, if you are in need of immediate results, contact Underwood Law Office. They are complete and thorough, they keep you informed every step of the way. I highly recommend Underwood Law Office.” – Marvin H.
- “Mark Underwood and his firm are highly recommended! Melissa did a phenomenal job assisting with my car accident case. She was very informative and thorough. Their communication throughout the process was superb and in the end, Mark went to battle for me and won!” – Jessica A.
- “I had a great experience with Underwood. They were kind, compassionate, and provided me with fantastic advice. They should be your first choice when choosing an attorney to represent you.” – Mark M.
It is our mission that every client is completely satisfied with our representation.
Frisco Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
What Our Team Does for Car Accident Victims
Our firm is dedicated to obtaining justice for the injured. We also represent those who have lost loved ones in car accidents. Frisco, Texas is one of our primary personal injury practice regions, and we are familiar with legal proceedings in the city.
You can trust our firm to handle your case because that is precisely what we will do. While you recover from your injuries or work through the grief of losing a loved one, our team will:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation of your accident
- Review any insurance policies that apply to your accident
- Determine who owes you compensation
- Devise a strategy for pursuing compensation
- Gather evidence
- Document your losses
- Value your losses
- Create and file your claim or lawsuit
Your lawyer will also defend your rights. Our team protects you by dealing directly with insurers and attorneys. Without interacting directly with you, it may be far more difficult for these parties to:
- Intimidate you
- Confuse you
- Pressure you into cheap settlements
- Violate your rights
You should have high expectations for Underwood Law Office. Our team has high standards for ourselves.
Is There a Deadline for Filing Your Case?
There could be a deadline for filing. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit up to two years after your accident. Time can fly by. So, it is important that you retain legal help as soon as possible.
Even if it has been more than two years since your accident, reach out to Underwood Law Office. Your case could be an exception to general deadlines.
Click to contact our Frisco Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Should I Do After Getting Hurt in a Car Accident?
After their collisions, many clients ask us: “What should I do now?” So, we always tell them to take these steps.
Visit a Healthcare Provider
Each injury, no matter how minor, requires medical attention. For example, even a tiny cut could get infected if left untreated. In addition, when you visit a doctor, not only will they treat your condition, but the documents they give you could support your claim.
Take Photos Throughout Your Recovery Period
You want to show the insurance company that you sustained severe injuries because of the collision their client caused. Take photos of your external injuries during your recovery period, such as any bruises or lacerations. This way, you can present your case in the best possible light.
Keep Everything Related to Your Case
Underwood Law Office will investigate your situation and gather evidence. However, during your recovery period, you will likely get information related to your case, including:
- Your injury-related invoices, billing statements, and receipts
- The dates of your follow-up appointments
- The names of your healthcare providers and medications
- Photos of your vehicle’s damages
You’ll want to hand over any documents related to your case to your attorney. They can review it while building your claim.
Let Your Lawyer Handle All Insurance Matters
With our team on your side, you don’t have to deal with the insurance company in any capacity. We will answer all necessary phone calls, emails, and messages while you recover. We will also:
- File your insurance claim against the liable party’s policy
- Send your demand letter
- Calculate your losses
- Give the insurance company the information it requires
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Will Prove Your Case’s Legal Elements
The American Bar Association (ABA) explains the process of proving that negligence caused your accident. However, it’s easier said than done––especially if you don’t know what the process entails.
While you focus on healing, we will prove negligence by asserting:
- Another party owed you a duty of care. For instance, all motorists must drive cautiously on public roadways.
- The other party violated their duty of care by acting recklessly or carelessly.
- The other party’s actions caused your accident and subsequent injuries.
- You incurred various losses, including medical bills, lost income, and other expenses.
Proving these elements is central to your case’s success.
Call Underwood Law Office to Start Your Frisco TX Car Accident Case
Call Underwood Law Office today to find out more about how a car accident lawyer from our firm can help. Our team handles both injury cases and wrongful death cases.
With no upfront fees, our staff may be able to start your case once you complete your free consultation. Call Underwood Law Office today or your free case review.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form