Rear-end collisions can result in severe injuries, so victims may face long-term medical care, months off work, and new life adjustments. If you were in such an accident in Frisco, Texas, you may have grounds to hold the at-fault party to account for your damages.
At Underwood Law Office, our Frisco rear-end collision accident lawyers can help you understand your legal options and determine whether you can pursue a personal injury case. We will assist you on a no-win, no-fee basis.
In This Article
- The Types of Compensation You Can Receive in a Frisco Crash Case
- What Underwood Law Office Does to Help Rear-End Collision Clients in Frisco
- Complying With State-Enforced Timelines After a Rear-End Accident
- What You Can Do Following a Rear-End Collision
- Hire a Frisco Rear-End Collision Accident Lawyer on Our Team Today
The Types of Compensation You Can Receive in a Frisco Crash Case
Two people can be in the same crash – even in the same car – and suffer completely different losses. The only way to know the amounts and forms of damages you can recover is to conduct a full review of your case.
However, typical damages rear-end collision victims suffer are:
Past and Anticipated Medical Care Bills
Rear-end collision victims can suffer various injuries, most notably, whiplash and other neck and back injuries. According to Mayo Clinic, the diagnosis and treatment for them may entail:
- Imaging scans
- Medications and muscle relaxants
- Physical therapy and chiropractic care
- Foam collars and other mobility aids
- Follow-up appointments
If you called an ambulance to the accident scene, then you may include this cost in your case.
Past Lost Wages and Decreased Earning Potential
Sometimes, your injuries are so serious that you cannot go to work and earn:
- Hourly rate
- Business opportunities
- Vacation time
If you cannot go back to work at the same capacity for the time being, you may recover damages for the difference in pay.
Property Damage Expenses
If your car was damaged or totaled in the accident, you could pursue a financial recovery for the repair or replacement costs.
Pain and Suffering
Your injuries may lead you to suffer from complications, such as:
- Mobility restrictions
- Tenderness, pain, tingling in the extremities
- Trouble sleeping
- Concentration and memory difficulties
These issues can reduce your quality of life, and you should be able to account for them in your claim or lawsuit. Although pain and suffering is intangible, your lawyer can look at your medical bills, wage statements, and car repair invoices, as well as how the pain from your injuries has affected your daily life.
Wrongful Death Damages
If your loved one passed away from the rear-end crash, you could recover awards for:
- Your loved one’s funeral and burial costs
- Your loved one’s final medical bills
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household services
- Loss of inheritance
Keep in mind that you are not entitled to only collect compensation for these listed damages. Your lawyer may find that you qualify for others.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Frisco, call (972) 535-6377
What Underwood Law Office Does to Help Rear-End Collision Clients in Frisco
If you retain legal aid at Underwood Law Office, one of our injury attorneys can:
- Request a copy of the accident report
- Take witness statements
- Collect your medical records and talk to your doctors
- Gather videos and photographs of the accident
- Determine the cause of your accident—whether it was tailgating, speeding, improper lane change, failing to yield, a defective roadway, faulty brakes, etc.
- Deal with all communication
- Negotiate a settlement that accounts for all your damages
- Take your case before a jury, if need be
All of this assistance will be available to you on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we won’t ask for retainers, by-the-hour rates, or startup fees. Instead, we will take a portion of your settlement or court award as our payment. That way, we can lessen your financial risk and get to work on your case right away.
Frisco Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Complying With State-Enforced Timelines After a Rear-End Accident
Sometimes, we find that submitting a lawsuit is the most appropriate legal route for our clients. To successfully complete one, we must adhere to Texas’s statute of limitations. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you usually have two years to file a lawsuit. That goes for both personal injury and wrongful death claimants.
This deadline is strictly enforced. If you fail to comply, you and your family may lose your right to seek damages from the other party.
What You Can Do Following a Rear-End Collision
Once you’ve been rear-ended, it’s important to take certain steps to protect your well-being, as well as the validity of your case. We recommend that you:
- Report the accident to the police. Usually, when you call law enforcement to the crash scene, the responding officer will write up a report. If you’re not sure they did or the police didn’t come, go ahead and submit the report to your local precinct.
- Get prompt medical attention. If the ambulance came to the scene, they probably took you to the hospital. If that wasn’t the case, see your primary care physician or go to the hospital. They can start treating you and make sure you’re not suffering from underlying injuries.
- Avoid talking to the insurance company. As mentioned, your lawyer will handle all communication with the involved parties. However, a few days after the crash, an insurance agent might call you and ask for your perspective on what happened. Politely decline to answer, and refer them to your lawyer. Insurers are known for using what you say against you in settlement negotiations.
A car accident lawyer with our firm can give you more guidance about the dos and don’ts of going through the claims process.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire a Frisco Rear-End Collision Accident Lawyer on Our Team Today
A rear-end collision can cause significant injuries and financial hardships. You don’t have to deal with them on your own, though. At Underwood Law Office, we can provide you with an accident attorney to fight for your right to compensation while you let yourself heal.
Contact our team today at (972) 535-6377. We will offer you a free consultation.