If you have recently been involved in a car accident, you may be facing severe financial, physical, and mental hardships. Thankfully, when accidents are caused by negligent drivers, you may be able to recover your losses in the form of compensatory damages.
These damages may help you recover numerous losses you have sustained, including:
- Economic damages: entailing financial losses stemming from the accident, including lost wages, medical expenses, property damage, and negative impacts on your overall earning capacity
- Non-economic damages: designed to address a victim’s overall pain, including physical and mental anguish
- Exemplary (punitive) damages: exclusively awarded by the court in cases of gross negligence
However, the laws governing personal injury law in Texas are extensive. There are numerous restrictions and guidelines that are used to determine how much compensation you can receive, what makes you eligible to receive damages, when you must bring legal action against the offender, and more.
If you are looking to take legal action against the party responsible for your accident, a Melissa car accident lawyer at Underwood Law Office can be by your side to walk you through every step of the personal injury process. After so much pain and suffering, we want you to be able to focus on getting your life back together while our attorneys work on your legal case.
At the end of the day, you deserve peace of mind. That is why we treat every claim on a case-by-case basis, so we can better serve your unique needs.
To learn more about how we will fight to protect your right to compensation, contact an Underwood Law Office representative today at (972) 535-6377 to receive your free consultation.
Services We Provide to Melissa Texas Car Accident Victims
The attorneys at Underwood Law Office can assist you in a variety of ways to help ease your legal burden. No matter how large or small your case may be, we take the time to carefully examine all the legal, circumstantial, and environmental factors that may impact your proceedings.
The services we offer at Underwood Law Office include:
- Handling paperwork
- Communicating with defendants and insurance companies
- Gathering evidence to prove liability
- Collecting documentation to help assign a value to your case
- Calling upon the expertise of industry specialists who can analyze, document, and reconstruct the accident scene
- Offering legal guidance at every stage of the proceedings
- Representing your case at trial
- Negotiating any potential settlements
- And more
Further, our attorneys practice in numerous areas of personal injury law, allowing us to work under unique laws and guidelines for each case. In fact, these fields of law may play a role in your car accident case without you even realizing it, including:
- Catastrophic events: Which affect multiple victims from the same event, encompassing instances of serious injuries and fatalities
- Unique motor vehicle accidents: Covering truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, and more
- Wrong death cases: Brought forth by the family members of victims killed in negligent, malicious, or ignorant accidents
If you have been involved in a wrongful accident, please accept our condolences on your loss. A Melissa car accident lawyer at Underwood Law Office can help you seek justice and give you and your family the time to grieve and heal.
For more information about our service, contact an Underwood Law Office representative today at (972) 535-6377 to receive your free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Melissa, call (972) 535-6377
Car Accidents in Melissa Texas
Unfortunately, if you have had a car accident in Melissa, you are not alone.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), there were over 200 car accidents in Melissa in 2019. Of these accidents, 10 were thought to be serious, resulting in 14 severe injuries. Further, there were nearly 30 non-serious accidents, resulting in 36 injuries and 42 possible injuries.
As for the remaining accidents, they left over 400 motorists without physical injuries. However, these individuals may have still been subjected to mental anguish or financial losses.
Sadly, wherever there are drivers, there will be senseless accidents that put innocent people in danger, even in a quiet town like Melissa. Thankfully, Texas law allows you to bring the liable party to justice. If you are looking for assistance, a car accident lawyer can help you fight for your future.
Melissa Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Texas Laws Dictating Limits on Damages
While most cases will not involve any limits on damages, there are caps placed on non-economic and exemplary damages under certain circumstances.
- If you decide to bring a case against a government entity, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 101.023 dictates a $250,000 limit for damages related to the injuries or death of a single person. There is an overall $500,000 cap for the entire event related to bodily harm. Regarding the destruction of property, there is a $100,000 limit. These limits vary between local, county, and state entities.
- As detailed under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 41.001, exemplary (punitive) damages may not exceed the greater amount of $200,000, or two-times the value of economic damages, plus non-economic damages, up to $750,000. These damages are only awarded at the discretion of the jury or the presiding court.
Melissa Texas Car Accident Lawyers Ready To Take Your Case
Although we cannot guarantee that every case will be eligible for compensation, a Melissa car accident lawyer at Underwood Law Office will fight for your rights at every turn. The way we see it, our attorneys are here to help keep your case moving forward without causing you undue stress and heartache.
However, you should know that Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 places a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury and wrongful death cases. To retain your eligibility, you may want to start considering your legal options before it is too late.
To get started with your free consultation today, contact an Underwood Law Office representative at (972) 535-6377.
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.