Even a seemingly minor head injury could cause traumatic brain damage. While some traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) are minor concussions, others can be life-altering. You may require around-the-clock care, extensive treatment, and help to rebuild your life.
You deserve to receive the compensation you need to cover your costs and move forward. A Melissa traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer at Underwood Law Office could help you navigate the traumatic brain injury claims process.
Available Compensation Following a Traumatic Brain Injury in Melissa
Traumatic brain injuries are expensive to treat. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), TBI treatment costs across the country reach into the tens of billions each year. However, financial losses are not the only way victims’ lives are affected by the accidents that cause traumatic brain injuries.
Fortunately, whether you are filing a claim with the insurance company or bringing your case to court, you have an opportunity to recover your damages. If you suffered your TBI in a motor vehicle wreck, a car accident attorney can help you throughout the process.
If you wonder what your case is worth, consider how your TBI has affected your life. Remember, you are not only entitled to compensation for financial losses, but also other ways the accident and your subsequent injuries have affected your life.
Recoverable damages in traumatic brain injury claims in Melissa may include:
- Loss of future potential earnings
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Out-of-pocket medical expenses
- Future medical care
- Other healthcare costs
- Property damages
- Disfiguring injuries
- Skin scars
- Inconvenience and humiliation
- Embarrassment and shame
- Pain and suffering
- Indignity, apprehension, and fear
- Emotional distress and trauma
- Lost wages
- Reputational damages
Find out how a Melissa traumatic brain injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for your losses during your free consultation with Underwood Law Office.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Melissa, call (972) 535-6377
How Long do You Have to File Your Traumatic Brain Injury Lawsuit in Melissa?
Filing a traumatic brain injury lawsuit in Melissa may be your best opportunity to recover compensation for your suffering. However, you should take action on your claim as soon as possible.
On the day your accident occurs, the clock begins to tick on the statute of limitations. You have a limited time to file your lawsuit before this deadline expires.
Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you must file a personal injury lawsuit before the two-year statute of limitations passes. If you do not file your claim before this deadline, the court system will ban you from pursuing your case in civil court.
Melissa Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Who Is At Fault for Your Traumatic Brain Injury?
One of our Melissa traumatic brain injury lawyers’ most important responsibilities after taking on your case will be to prove liability. Various parties could be responsible for causing your traumatic brain damage.
Your lawyer will be tasked with proving fault based on a preponderance of the evidence. To do this, they must establish the elements of negligence:
- The defendant in your case owed you a duty of care
- The defendant made a choice or decision that resulted in a breach of their duty of care.
- The defendant’s breach of duty of care caused your injuries or damages.
- You suffered significant damages due to the defendant’s breach of duty of care.
You can expect your Melissa traumatic brain injury lawyer to investigate the cause of your accident thoroughly to reveal all culpable parties and seek fair compensation for your damages.
Click to contact our Melissa Texas Car Accident Lawyers today
Why Work with a Melissa TBI Attorney at Underwood Law Office?
Choosing Underwood Law Office to take on your case could make all the difference in your case. When you hope to negotiate for a fair settlement, having an attorney on your side who understands the legal process and will work tirelessly for you is undeniably beneficial.
Here’s what you can expect when a Melissa TBI lawyer from our firm takes on your case:
- We’ll provide you with case status updates regularly
- We’ll negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- We’ll communicate with the insurance company for you
- We’ll thoroughly investigate cause and fault for your TBI
- We’ll prepare court documents and insurance claims
- We’ll advocate for complete recovery of your damages at trial, if necessary
Client Reviews for Underwood Law Office
Underwood Law Office prioritizes clients’ needs. Here’s what some of our former clients have said about working with our Melissa brain injury lawyers:
- “Mark and his team are amazing to work with. Mr. Underwood knows the law and it shows. Extremely happy with the service Underwood law provides. If you are in Texas and you are looking for a good car accident lawyer, definitely check out Underwood law for your legal representation.” -Tom
- “Excellent Legal Representation!!! Don’t waste time contacting other lawyers, if you are in need of immediate results, contact Underwood Law Office. They are complete and thorough, they keep you informed every step of the way. I highly recommend Underwood Law Office.” -Marvin
- “Mr. Underwood and his staff were very supportive. He worked hard and made sure that I received the best offer for my settlement. I would recommend him and his team to friends and family.” -Shana
Our Firm Offers 100% Free Consultations
After suffering a traumatic brain injury, you will likely experience considerable financial hardship. Fortunately, the cost of hiring a lawyer to take on your case will not negatively impact your life.
We work with victims of concussions, diffuse axonal injuries, brain hemorrhages, and other brain injuries on contingency. You never have to pay a cent in attorney’s fees unless we win your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Get Help from a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer in Melissa Today
The individual or entity responsible for causing your head injury should cover the costs related to your car accident. With help from a Melissa traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer at Underwood Law Office, you could recover compensation and bring the liable party to justice.
Learn about your next steps when you fill out our quick contact form or call our office to schedule your no-cost, risk-free consultation today.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form