According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), there were over 60,000 TBI-related fatalities in the United States in 2020. Traumatic brain injuries can occur in many different ways, but generally happen when an accident causes trauma to the head, neck, or spinal cord regions.
You or your injured loved one might feel overwhelmed after an accident that caused a TBI, especially if another party’s negligence was the cause of the injury. Our Anna traumatic brain injury lawyers can help you determine liability and calculate the cost of your damages.
How Our Lawyers Can Help in Your TBI Case
If you choose to hire a lawyer, they can help you in several ways:
- Answer your questions
- Put your case together in a detailed, fact-based manner that can improve your chances of winning
- Help you fill out legal paperwork that can be stressful and time-consuming
- Alert you of any possible upcoming deadlines to keep your case moving through the system
- Help you calculate your losses and fight for fair compensation
- Ensure you are not taken advantage of when facing lawyers representing another party
Finding The Right Team
If you think hiring a lawyer is right for you, the next step is finding the right team. You are likely looking for an injury lawyer that is experienced in cases like yours, is client-focused, and has a history of success.
Underwood Law Office has experience working with TBI cases like yours. If you are still searching for a traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer in Anna, take a look at our reviews to see if we could be a good fit for you and your loved ones.
For a free legal consultation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Anna, call (972) 535-6377
Available Compensation for TBI Victims
If you win your case, it is possible to receive one or more of the following forms of compensation:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses
- Coverage for ongoing healthcare if you are dependent on medical assistance following your accident
- Compensation for your children or dependents whose lives are impacted by your injury
- Damages for the emotional trauma of your accident and a decrease in your quality of life moving forward
- Compensation for lost income if your work status was impacted by an accident
- Compensation for damage to any physical belongings
Our lawyers have experience assessing personal injury cases, and they know what losses to look for when evaluating your damages. It can be difficult to properly evaluate your losses on your own, so let our team handle this for you.
Anna Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Our Lawyers Can Help Prove Liability
In order to recover damages after an accident that caused a TBI, you must prove that another party was the cause of the accident. Liability can be intentional, as is the case in violent crime or attack, but in many cases, a responsible party may not have intended to cause to harm. An injury attorney from our firm can help you determine liability.
Liable parties might include:
- Business owners
- Distracted drivers or other negligent motorists
- Medical professionals
When it comes to many personal injury cases, negligence could have played a role. Negligence occurs when:
- Another party had a duty of care to keep you safe and act as a reasonable person would.
- They did not uphold their duty of care and behaved negligently.
- The other party’s negligence caused the accident that resulted in your TBI.
- Your TBI has caused you to suffer damages.
If you think negligence contributed to your traumatic brain injury you have the right to pursue compensation.
You Can Afford to Work With Our Lawyers
The thought of hiring a lawyer might be financially stressful on top of medical bills or other expenses from your accident. Our lawyers work on a contingency-fee bases, meaning we do not charge you unless your case is won.
Do not let concerns over legal expenses get in the way of your pursuit of justice, closure, and possible compensation.
The Statute of Limitations for a Traumatic Brain Injury in Anna
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, the statute of limitations for a personal injury case in Texas is two years. This means that based on state law, you have two years from the time of your accident to file a lawsuit. Because every case is unique, it could be useful to speak with an Anna traumatic brain injury lawyer if you want to know exactly how much longer you have to initiate your claim.
The lawyers at Underwood Law Office can help you make sure your lawsuit is meeting the legal deadlines.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Causes of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Understanding the causes of your TBI is important because it can help a lawyer determine if you have a valid case. Possible causes of TBIs that could result in legal action include but are not limited to:
- Car accidents, pedestrian accidents, bicycle accidents, boating accidents, and other vehicle accidents
- Surgical errors or medication errors can cause traumatic brain injuries in cases of possible medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents at a private home or at a business
- Falling objects, possibly caused by unsafe work conditions
- Nursing home abuse
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) lawyer serving Anna can help you find out if you have a case.
Contact Our Team Today
If you believe another party was the cause of your traumatic brain injury, you should reach out to our firm about your case as soon as possible. Our team at Underwood Law Office is available to take your call 24/7. We can provide you with a free consultation and provide more information about what you can do to seek justice in the aftermath of a traumatic brain injury.