Rear-end collisions are among the most common car accidents. If you were hurt in such a crash, an Anna rear-end collision accident lawyer with Underwood Law Office can help you recover compensation for your injuries and losses.
While you get better, they will collect all evidence, assess your damages, and negotiate a favorable settlement. Don’t worry about paying for any of our services up front, as our attorneys take car accident cases on a contingency-fee basis.
In This Article
- Common Forms of Damages You Can Pursue in Anna, Texas
- Parties That May Be Liable for Your Rear-End Collision Injuries
- What Underwood Law Office Can Do for You While You Heal From Your Injuries
- How Much It Costs to Hire a Rear-End Crash Lawyer With Our Firm
- Texas Enforces Strict Deadlines for Those Filing Car Accident Lawsuits
- Types of Injuries You Could Have Suffered in a Rear-End Collision
- Connect With Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation
Common Forms of Damages You Can Pursue in Anna, Texas
It’s impossible to say how much compensation you can recover until we conduct a thorough review of your case. Usually, the more severe your injuries are, the higher settlement you can request.
Some damages you can include in your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit are:
- Past lost income
- Future loss of earning capacity
- Past and future medical expenses (e.g., surgeries, physical therapy, hospital stays, etc.)
- Property damage expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
Tragically, victims of rear-end collisions can suffer fatal injuries. If you wish to bring wrongful death action after you lost your loved one to the crash, you could recover the costs of their funeral and final medical care.
For a free legal consultation with a rear-end collisions lawyer serving Anna, call (972) 535-6377
Parties That May Be Liable for Your Rear-End Collision Injuries
Most of the time, the rear driver is at fault for a rear-end collision. They could have been:
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Following too closely
There are instances, however, where the front driver holds some responsibility, like if they suddenly stopped or didn’t use their turn signal. Other times, neither driver is to blame for the accident. Other parties that may be liable for your damages include:
- The mechanic: If they didn’t detect or properly fix the brakes
- The vehicle parts manufacturer: If it produced or designed faulty brakes
- A government municipality: If it didn’t warn road users of or quickly address potential hazards
- Another road user: If they acted negligently, causing the other driver to strike you
A combination of these parties could hold some degree of fault for what happened.
Anna Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
What Underwood Law Office Can Do for You While You Heal From Your Injuries
Don’t let the stress of recovering from your injuries and dealing with other accident-related consequences keep you from taking legal action. A rear-end collision lawyer with Underwood Law Office can manage your case from start to finish while you focus on the most important thing: your health.
Your lawyer will:
- Obtain a copy of the police report
- Handle emails, phone calls, and letters with the involved parties and their representatives
- Gather your medical records, witnesses statements, photographs of the accident scene at different angles, video footage, and traffic citations, and create an evidence file
- Negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company
- Assess your past and anticipated damages
- Establish the negligent party who is responsible for paying your damages
Usually, we can agree on an out-of-court settlement with the other party’s insurance company. However, if that’s not possible, our attorneys can prepare your case for a trial to continue your fight for fair and just compensation.
Choosing Our Rear-End Collision Attorneys to Fight for Compensation
Our firm has represented rear-end collision victims and secured successful outcomes. One of which was $750,000 for our client who needed to get her C4-5 vertebra fused.
We also work to ensure that the claims process goes as smoothly as possible for our clients, all while keeping them informed about every detail of their case. Check out how a couple of them felt about their experiences with working with our team:
“Mark was upfront and honest with me. He made sure I knew what was happening with my case every step of the way. He told me upfront about the expected timelines and any delays were communicated to me right away…” —Star B.
“Excellent Legal Representation!!! Don’t waste time contacting other lawyers, if you are in need of immediate results, contact Underwood Law Office. They are complete and thorough, they keep you informed every step of the way. I highly recommend Underwood Law Office” —Marvin H.
How Much It Costs to Hire a Rear-End Crash Lawyer With Our Firm
Sometimes, hiring a lawyer can be expensive, as they may require retainers or hourly fees. Not our firm – Underwood Law Offices offers our help on a contingency-fee basis, which means you pay for legal representation only if we win your case.
Before your lawyer gets to work on your case, the two of you will agree on a percentage of the settlement you will pay if they secure an award for you. That way, you limit your financial strain, and your attorney can start working on your case as soon as possible.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Texas Enforces Strict Deadlines for Those Filing Car Accident Lawsuits
If filing suit against the liable party is the best legal route for you, you should be aware of the strict deadlines Texas imposes. Under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you must generally adhere to a two-year time limit – whether you’re filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
You may qualify for an exception, but it’s still best to get started on your case right away. If you don’t meet the deadline, you risk your right to collect compensation from the liable party.
Types of Injuries You Could Have Suffered in a Rear-End Collision
If you were in a rear-end collision, you might have suffered serious injuries. Some common types of injuries victims of these crashes endure include:
- Bruises or abrasions
- Sprains or strains
- Dislocations or torn ligaments
- Head trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
These injuries could require lifelong care, depending on their severity.
Connect With Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation
If you were hurt in a rear-end collision accident in Anna, Texas, a lawyer with Underwood Law Office can help you pursue compensation and justice.
Call us today at (972) 535-6377 for a free consultation.