A McKinney wrongful death lawyer from Underwood Law Office may recover awards for your loved one’s passing. You may receive compensation for medical costs, funeral expenses, and other damages.
Hiring a lawyer allows you to focus on grieving, emotional well-being, and other important concerns. We will lead your legal case, so you do not have to worry about it.
What Losses May You Receive Awards for?
Every wrongful death case that occurs in Collin County involves completely unique damages. Our firm will identify all of your compensation-eligible damages by:
- Conducting a meeting with you and your loved ones
- Conducting an independent investigation of your loved one’s passing
- Speaking with any medical professionals who cared for the deceased
- Working with experts who assess losses in wrongful death cases
We take all the necessary steps necessary to identify your losses. We also determine the value of both your current and future losses. Some types of losses that may entitle you to compensation are:
Pain and Suffering
A loved one’s passing causes great pain and suffering. Your financial recovery may account for both your own pain and suffering and the pain and suffering of the deceased. Our firm will calculate the monetary cost of your grief and other forms of pain and suffering.
Lost Financial Security
If the deceased provided any financial support to surviving loved ones, those loved ones might deserve equal compensation. We will consider future wages, employer-matched retirement contributions, and other forms of income.
Loss of Spousal Companionship and Parental Guidance
Wrongful death cases generally account for both economic and non-economic losses. The loss of companionship, the loss of a parent, and other types of non-economic losses may warrant a financial recovery.
Funeral and Burial Costs
Funerals and related services may cost multiple thousands of dollars, per the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Families of wrongful death victims should not generally have to pay these costs. Instead, those liable for your loved one’s passing may cover the cost of a funeral, burial, and related services.
Any Other Losses That Stem From Negligence
An act or circumstance that led to your loved one’s death may also cause other losses. Medical care, property damage, and other losses may stem from the negligence that caused your loved one to pass away. Your personal injury lawyer may recover awards for any such negligence-related losses.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving McKinney, call (972) 535-6377
Who Is Responsible for Your Losses?
Anyone directly responsible for your loved one’s passing may be liable for your losses. We generally use the legal principle of negligence to determine liability. Per the American Bar Association (ABA), a negligent party is one who:
- Owes another party a duty of care
- Breaches their duty of care
- Causes harm (in your case, a wrongful death) because they breached the duty of care
The primary damage in wrongful death cases is the death itself. However, your loved one’s passing may cause many specific losses that entitle you to compensation. A wrongful death lawyer from Underwood Law Office can review your case and identify all of your losses. Let us use our experience with the civil system of McKinney to help you.
McKinney Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Benefits of Hiring Underwood Law Office
There are many benefits to hiring our firm for your wrongful death case in McKinney. Generally speaking, having a lawyer lead your case may:
- Allow you to arrange your loved one’s funeral
- Allow you to receive counseling and other care for your mental health
- Shield you from stress related to a lawsuit
Underwood Law Office handles wrongful death cases as a primary practice area. Our legal experience, in-firm resources, and a team of lawyers, investigators, and paralegals are all reasons to hire us for your case.
What Does Underwood Law Office Do for Victims of Wrongful Death in McKinney?
Our firm handles clients’ cases from beginning to end. From the moment we meet with you until resolution, you can rely on us to handle your lawsuit.
Some of the stages of your lawsuit may include:
- Fact and evidence gathering: We take the necessary time to understand your case. We determine the cause of your loved one’s passing, find out who is responsible for their passing, and collect evidence of negligence. We also gather documentation of your losses.
- Valuation of your losses: There are specific ways to calculate losses for a wrongful death. Our team will rely on proven algorithms to calculate the cost of your losses.
- Drafting and filing of your case: A lawyer from our team will draft and file your lawsuit. We know of deadlines that may affect your case, such as those imposed by Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
- Consultations with experts: We may hire experts to assist with your case. They may provide testimony, advice, or information that improves your overall case.
- Settlement negotiations: Settlement talks will occur between our firm and attorneys for liable parties. We will pursue fair compensation for your losses.
A settlement may mark the end of your case. If we are not able to negotiate a settlement, other options might remain. We may proceed to trial, arguing for fair compensation in a court setting.
We Care for Our Clients
Client reviews tell you what standard of representation you can expect from Underwood Law Office:
“I want to say this firm and its employees treated me and my case with the utmost professionalism and respect. I was always treated kindly and they promptly returned my calls, my questions were always answered. Thank you so very much.” – Stacey J.
“Mark Underwood and his firm are highly recommended! Their communication throughout the process was superb and in the end Mark went to battle for me and won!” – Jessica A.
These are two of many positive reviews from our past clients. You can anticipate the same type of representation if you choose us for your case.
Call Underwood Law Office Today for a FREE Consultation
Do not wait to retain a wrongful death lawyer from Underwood Law Office. Your wrongful death case in McKinney may be subject to deadlines. We will complete your free consultation and move your case forward. So, call us today at (972) 535-6377.
We require no upfront compensation and do not receive a fee unless we win your case.