A Plano wrongful death lawyer from Underwood Law Office will pursue justice for you and your loved ones. You may receive compensation for both your losses and the losses of the deceased.
Do not risk losing your case due to your own inexperience. Let our firm represent you.
What Compensation Can You Receive for a Wrongful Death?
Losing a loved one may entitle you to financial coverage of:
Lost Financial Support
Spouses, children, and others who relied financially on the decedent may receive awards to cover lost financial support. This might be especially significant if the decedent was the primary earner for the family.
Spouses may receive coverage for the loss of their companion.
Lost Parental Guidance
Children who lose a parent lose the guidance and instruction that a parent provides. They also lose countless experiences with their parent. The loss of a parent, therefore, may entitle the surviving child to compensation.
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC) explains that funerals generally cost thousands of dollars. Those liable for your loved one’s passing may cover the cost of their funeral and related services.
Pain and Suffering
Losing a loved one causes immense grief and suffering. In wrongful death cases, pain and suffering may refer to:
- The grief of surviving loved ones
- Pain and suffering experienced by the deceased
Wrongful deaths generally involve some type of medical care. The deceased’s injuries or illness may have required treatment. Surviving loved ones may receive the bill for the deceased’s medical care. Ultimately, liable parties may cover the cost of medical care for your loved one.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Plano, call (972) 535-6377
Reviews and Case Results Show Details About Underwood Law Office
You may judge personal injury law firms on two specific criteria: the financial recoveries that they obtain and how they treat their clients.
What Clients Say About Underwood Law Office
Here are some client reviews that accurately depict our firm’s representation:
“I had a great experience with Underwood Law Office. They were kind, compassionate, and provided me with fantastic advice. They should be your first choice when choosing an attorney to represent you.” – Mark M.
“Great people! Everybody at the Underwood Law Office made one of the most frightening experiences of my life much more bearable. Everyone there was always very helpful and very professional! Thanks guys/gals for helping me through one of the darkest times of my life!” – Robert C., Jr.
“Highly recommend Underwood law office. The staff keeps me updated by phone and through the easy to access online client portal… When I have questions about my case I get a prompt response from my attorney or his professional staff.” – Elicia S.
A wrongful death lawyer from our firm will seek similar results for your case in Plano.
Financial Recoveries That Our Firm has Negotiated or Won
We have obtained compensation for clients who:
- Lost a loved one after a slip and fall accident at a hotel
- Lost a loved one from an on-the-job injury
- Lost loved ones (in two separate cases) from injuries related to car accidents
- Lost children following a party where parents allowed minors to consumer alcohol and then drive a vehicle
We have recovered multi-million-dollar judgments and settlements for our clients. You can view more of our case results here.
Plano Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Expect Our Firm to Handle All of Your Legal Needs
Upon accepting your wrongful death case in Plano, our firm will immediately pursue a positive financial outcome. Your only focus should be rest and recovery.
For clients who have suffered a wrongful death, our firm generally:
- Identifies all liable parties: Liability generally determines who owes you compensation. More than one person or organization may owe you compensation for your loved one’s passing.
- Seeks supporting documentation and evidence: We pursue any evidence that speaks to liability. We also seek proof of your damages.
- Works with your doctors: Your doctors may help us better understand your injuries. They may also help us project the future cost of your care.
- Deals with insurance companies and attorneys:Your lawyer will handle the insurance company for you, as well as the other party’s attorneys. You will not have to speak to them and suffer calls from adjusters to your personal phone.
- Helps you arrange your appointments: From arranging funeral services to helping you find counseling, our team will help you in any way that we can.
- Negotiates for fair compensation: Once we determine how much compensation you deserve, we will pursue that amount.
Settlements are a more common outcome than trials when it comes to civil cases, as the American Bar Association (ABA) notes. Our team will negotiate diligently, aiming to recover every dollar that you and your loved ones deserve. If we cannot negotiate a fair settlement, trial may be another option for obtaining awards.
There May Be a Time Restriction on Your Wrongful Death Case in Plano
We may have a limited time to file your wrongful death case in Plano. Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years from the date of your loved ones passing to file legal action.
This two-year window does not apply to every case—there are exceptions. Our firm will review your case and help you file an eligible wrongful death case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Underwood Law Office for a FREE Case Review
Wrongful death cases in Plano may involve significant compensation. With possible awards on the line, allow a lawyer from Underwood Law Office to pursue maximum financial coverage. You may risk your health and financial recovery if you do not put forth an effective legal case.
Our team will answer any questions that you have. Call Underwood Law Office today at (972) 535-6377 for a free consultation. There is no out-of-pocket cost to hire our firm, and we will not receive a fee unless we win for you.