You are cycling along Harvest Glen Drive when a car pulls in front of you. You can’t avoid crashing into it. You fly over your handlebars and break your wrist as you hit the pavement.
Should you contact a Plano bicycle accident lawyer?
Cycling in Plano
“Plano is committed to ensuring that biking is a fun, safe, convenient, and connected form of transport and communication.”
This quote from the City of Plano website shows that the city government encourages residents to take up cycling. With 150 miles of dedicated bicycle routes, the city wants people to leave their cars and get on their bicycles. Cycling is healthy and cheap, and it can also be a quicker way of getting to work than a car during peak times.
Plano is doing its best to make cycling as safe as possible, but accidents happen. A cyclist is vulnerable, so accidents can have serious consequences. Share The Road Texas gives the following statistics: Between 2010 and 2016, there were 16,807 crashes involving bicycles in Texas, resulting in 9,769 injuries, 5,646 possible injuries, and 362 deaths.
Most cyclists use city streets, where two-thirds of bicycle accidents happen.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Plano, call (972) 535-6377
How Can I Reduce the Chance of an Accident?
You should take the following precautions. Some of them will cut the risk of you having an accident, and others will protect you if you do have one:
- Always wear a helmet. This should be a basic rule for all cyclists. Head injuries can have severe consequences and can result from a minor accident. Your helmet should meet the US DOT helmet standard or the Consumer Product Safety Standard. Make sure that your helmet is a good fit and well-fastened.
- Wear highly visible, reflective clothing. Other road users often say that they couldn’t see a cyclist. Make sure that they can see you, especially at night.
- Ride as close to the side of the road as possible.
- Keep both hands on your handlebars.
- Don’t wear headphones. You won’t be able to hear other vehicles.
- If you are cycling with a group, ride in single file.
- Make sure that your front and rear lights are working properly.
Plano Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Legal Representation in Plano
A bicycle accident may involve another road user, a pedestrian, or just the rider. Even in the last case, some other party may be partially responsible. For example, perhaps the city had not filled a pothole, or a tree hid a traffic sign.
You might have grounds for a legal claim for compensation. In Plano, an excellent choice would be Underwood Law Office. Mark Forest Underwood started the firm in 1997 and, since then, Underwood Law Office has worked tirelessly on behalf of its clients.
Mark has a wealth of experience and has won the respect of professional legal associations. The winner of many awards, he has dedicated his career to helping those who have suffered through no fault of their own. His team shares this philosophy and work ethic.
Satisfied clients have testified to Underwood Law Office’s success – the millions of dollars that the firm has recovered for its clients further backs up this excellent record. Underwood Law Office is a formidable ally.
How Can Underwood Law Office Help Me?
If you have a case and decide to employ Underwood Law Office to fight it for you, the firm will:
- Keep you in the loop and always answer any questions that you have.
- Plan a specific strategy for your case.
- Take care of all communications with the other parties – insurance companies, for example.
- Find out who was to blame for your accident.
- Gather all available evidence.
- Calculate the value of your settlement.
- Negotiate a settlement with the insurance company (or companies).
- Take your case to trial if necessary, although most cases do not reach a courtroom.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Could I Represent Myself?
Certainly, you can. But look at the steps above that Underwood Law Office will go through. Are you confident that you can handle all of these yourself? After your accident, you may want to dedicate your time to your recovery and not face the stress that getting involved in a case will cause.
You will need to negotiate with representatives of insurance companies. These people are seasoned professionals who will seek to pay out as little as possible. They may offer you a quick settlement. Is it for a fair amount? Underwood Law Office has the experience to deal firmly with the other side.
Will Representation Cost a Lot of Money?
Underwood Law Office knows that you might be facing a lot of extra expenses after your accident. Depending on your case, they may well offer to work on a contingency basis. This would mean that you don’t have to pay any fees until the firm settles your case. You should ask about payment during your free initial consultation. Underwood Law Office will have your interests at heart and do their best to accommodate you.
How do I Contact Underwood Law Office?
As a resident of Plano, you should call (972) 535-6377 for an initial consultation. This first chat is informal and free. It allows the team at Underwood Law Office to evaluate your case and advise you about whether you should go ahead. It also enables you to ask any questions that you might have.
This first conversation places you under no obligation and, being informal, does not establish an attorney-client relationship. What it will do is clarify your situation. How you wish to proceed is your decision to make.
Underwood Law Office has Spanish-speaking staff to help you if you prefer to speak Spanish.
All accidents are unsettling, and you will need time to get over yours as legal proceedings are convoluted and call for someone to handle the unavoidable complications. Your best course will probably be to get the best representation to fight for your corner.
Underwood Law Office will fight for the best settlement possible. It could be a false economy to go it alone.