Bike riders are exposed to many types of dangers on the road and they can suffer severe injuries. If you have been injured in a bicycle accident in Carrollton, you probably have a lot on your plate right now, like medical bills and the suffering you and your loved ones sustained. If you think the negligent acts of another party caused your accident, you could make them responsible for their negligence.
You don’t have to pay for what was caused by another person. At Underwood Law Office, we can help you look for compensation that could cover your medical bills and other expenses caused by the accident. You are not alone.
How to Stay Safe on the Road
Car accidents are not the same as bicycle accidents. Bicycle drivers can suffer severe injuries from an accident with a motor vehicle, and even with pedestrians. In the United States, each year, about 2 percent of motor vehicle crash deaths are from bicyclists. Therefore, it is important to drive safely and hold accountable those who behave carelessly on the roads.
According to Chapter 551 of the Transportation Code of the State of Texas, some of the rules bicycle drivers must follow are:
- Ride on a permanent seat attached to the bicycle.
- Do not carry more passengers than the bicycle is designed or equipped to carry.
- Do not carry an object that prevents the driver from operating the bicycle with at least one hand on the handlebars of the bicycle.
- Do not attach neither the person nor the bicycle to a streetcar or vehicle on a roadway.
- The bicycle must be equipped with a brake capable of making a braked wheel skid on dry, level, clean pavement.
- At nighttime, bikers should drive a bicycle equipped with a lamp that emits white light on the front, and a red reflector that is visible when placed directly in front of the upper beams of motor vehicle headlamps; or a lamp that emits visible red light.
For a free legal consultation with a bicycle accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (972) 535-6377
How Much Time Do I Have to File a Case From My Injuries From a Bicycle Accident?
According to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 you have a two-year limitation period to file a case for any personal injury sustained. This means you need to act as fast as you can after being involved in a bicycle accident.
Seeking the help of a personal injury lawyer that can guide you through the process of recovery may give you a better chance of getting compensation for your injuries from a bicycle accident in Carrollton. Don’t wait any longer, at Underwood Law Office we want to hear from you.
Carrollton Bicycle Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
How We Help You Recover the Damages From a Bicycle Accident?
If you have a personal injury case for your injuries and damages caused by a bicycle accident, at Underwood Law Office we can assist by:
- Collecting all the possible evidence from the scene of the accident, police reports, and medical records. Photos, videos, and other information available can help build your case.
- Determining fault from the accident. We can help you determine if the other driver breached their duty of care on the road.
- Determining the damages and future damages. Your damages might be more than what you think, we can help you determine that.
- Interviewing witnesses. There might be people that witnessed the accident that you are unaware of, we can help you get a statement from them.
Possible Settlement Value for a Personal Injury for a Bicycle Accident
We cannot determine the amount that can be recovered from a bicycle accident and your injuries suffered without evaluating your case. Settlements may vary depending on:
- Medical Expenses
- Property Damage
- Lost Earnings
- Future Lost Income
- Estimated Future Medical Expenses
- General Damages
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How to Schedule a Consultation with a Bicycle Accident Attorney Near Me?
We are here to help you, and the best way to do so is to hear and understand the facts as you remember them. To talk to one of our personal injury lawyers, schedule a free consultation. There are three possible ways to schedule a consultation:
- Visit one of our offices. Our office is located in McKinney, TX at 2530 West White Avenue.
- Give us a call. We can talk to you at no obligation 24/7 at (972) 535-6377.
- Fill out our contact form. You can contact our office through our website using the contact form at the bottom of the Contact page.
A Bicycle Accident Attorney Can Help You
A lawyer from Underwood Law Office can help you build a case for your bicycle accident. We can offer you legal advice from personal injury lawyers that have dealt with similar cases in Carrollton, TX in the past. Don’t accept any settlement from an insurance company before talking with an attorney, most of the time those settlements are not made thinking in your best interest, but the best interest of the insurance companies.
We will look at your bicycle accident thoroughly and decide what are your best options to recover. Connect with our office and schedule a free consultation. We want to hear about your accident and determine how we can help you.
For a legal consultation regarding your bicycle accident injuries at Carrollton call (972) 535-6377. We are here to help.