Underwood Law Office will seek a fair financial recovery if you’ve lost a loved one or suffered injuries in a pedestrian accident in Carrollton. This recovery could help you with medical bills, treatment for your pain and suffering, and other damages you have.
Our Carrollton pedestrian accident lawyer stands up for people in their time of need. If you’ve endured a pedestrian accident in the Carrollton area, you deserve a law firm that will fight for justice. You can reach out to us today for a free consultation where we can discuss your legal options and more.
Who Is Responsible for a Pedestrian Accident in Carrollton?
Pedestrian accidents generally result from negligence. When someone fails to act in a way that another reasonable person would in the same circumstances, they are negligent. Many instances of negligence can lead to pedestrian accidents, and our team serving Carrollton will identify any negligence in your case.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identifies several risk factors for pedestrian accidents, including:
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol
- Ignoring the pedestrian’s right-of-way, including at crosswalks
- Passing vehicles that are stopped at a crosswalk
- Failing to use caution when backing up
In these and certain other instances, a motorist would generally be liable for a resulting pedestrian accident. In other instances—like vehicle malfunctions—another party might be liable.
Underwood Law Office is interested in getting justice for you, and we must determine liability to do so.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (972) 535-6377
Our Carrollton Pedestrian Accident Attorney Can Manage Your Case While You Recover
We generally handle pedestrian accident cases for people who have suffered injuries or lost a loved one in an accident. Some have a busy schedule, so they hire an attorney to handle their legal matters for them. Even more importantly, handling a legal case may put your physical and psychological health at risk.
Those who hire a pedestrian accident lawyer may:
- Be aware that lawsuits and insurance claims can be complicated, and want a lawyer to handle the difficult process for them
- Have serious injuries that require their full attention during the recovery period
- Want the financial support that a law firm can provide—Underwood Law Office hires experts, conducts testing, and takes any other measures that can help our clients’ cases, all on our dime
You may have other reasons to hire a law firm. Our legal team will protect your rights, ensuring that you have a legal representative looking out for you when dealing with insurance companies and other attorneys.
If you hire a lawyer after your pedestrian accident in Carrollton, you might choose Underwood Law Office because of:
Our Client Testimonials
While we can tell you what makes our firm different, we allow our clients to explain through their own words (and experiences):
- “Excellent Legal Representation!!! Don’t waste time contacting other lawyers, if you are in need of immediate results, contact Underwood Law Office. They are complete and thorough, they keep you informed every step of the way. I highly recommend Underwood Law Office.” – Marvin Howard, former client
- “Mark Underwood and his firm are highly recommended! They did a phenomenal job assisting with my car accident case. They were very informative and thorough. Their communication throughout the process was superb and in the end Mark went to battle for me and won!” – Jessica Almaguer, former client
The pedestrian accident lawyer we assign to your case in Carrollton will go the extra mile. They will never back down from a legal battle or stop working until they resolve your case.
Our Client Service
Former clients compliment us about services to our clients. When we accept your case, we want you to feel like family. We also want to win and leave you feeling like we did everything in our power to secure victory for you.
From prompt communication to remembering your name and case details, Underwood Law Office will make it clear: Your pedestrian accident case in Carrollton matters to us.
Carrollton Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Our Firm Will Handle Your Pedestrian Accident Case from Start to Finish
Our attorneys serving Carrollton don’t accept cases casually. When we commit to you, we intend to finish your case. Steps in your pedestrian accident case may include:
- Diagnosing liability: We will identify all parties with legal liability for your pedestrian accident. Even parties who didn’t cause your accident—such as an employer whose employee caused the accident—may be liable.
- Gathering evidence and documentation: Evidence and documentation may provide clear, objective context to your case. They may show who is liable, why they’re liable, and how those liable parties have harmed you.
- Calculating your losses: We will calculate the cost of your damages. This process is not always simple, especially when it comes to non-monetary damages. We’ll get it done and use our calculations to seek a fair settlement on your behalf.
- Pursuing a settlement: Settlements, along with verdicts, are one of the primary ways to resolve pedestrian accident cases. Our firm will present a comprehensive case for a fair settlement, and we won’t accept anything but a fair offer.
If your case requires us to go to trial, then we’ll absolutely go. We do what is in our clients’ best interests, and sometimes that means going to court. Even so, trials can be lengthy, and so we’ll work hard to secure a fair settlement for you.
Recoverable Damages We May Pursue for You in Carrollton
If injuries from your pedestrian accident were not fatal, your recoverable damages may include:
- Lost income or salary and benefits
- Lost professional productivity, benefits, and bonuses
- Medical expenses (past, present, and ongoing)
- Property damage, such as your cell phone
- Pain and suffering
- The cost of treatment for pain and suffering, including but not limited to therapy and prescription medications
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Wrongful Death Damages After a Carrollton Pedestrian Accident
If your loved one suffered fatal injuries in a Carrollton pedestrian accident, you may still have to deal with the costs of your deceased relative’s medical bills, pain and suffering, and related treatment. You may also face:
- The expense of your loved one’s funeral
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of the decedent’s non-monetary value to your household
- Lost financial support
Underwood Law Office evaluates each case individually. We’ll spend the time and effort necessary to identify all your recoverable damages, including future ones.
Call Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation About Your Carrrollton Pedestrian Accident Case
Do not wait to take action your case, as Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally limits the filing deadline for both personal injury and wrongful death cases in Texas. A pedestrian accident case in Carrollton can fall into either category and may be subject to the filing deadline.
Call Underwood Law Office today for a free consultation about hiring a Carrollton pedestrian accident lawyer.