If a car hit you and you have suffered debilitating injuries, you may be left feeling scared and worried about what to do next. Fortunately, when you have an Allen pedestrian accident lawyer at Underwood Law Office on your side, you can breathe easier.
If our team takes on your case, we will work tirelessly to bring the liable party to justice. We offer free consultations, so you can learn more about the pedestrian accident claims process in Allen.
Grounds for Pedestrian Accident Claims in Allen
Pedestrian accident claims can be notoriously complex. Many injury victims hesitate to seek help from a personal injury attorney because they do not know whether they have grounds for a claim. However, you have nothing to lose in learning more from a legal professional at Underwood Law Office, as our initial consultations are always free.
If you hope to learn more about what legal options are available to you, we can help you find out. Your Allen pedestrian accident lawyer will look into several factors to determine whether you may benefit from pursuing legal action in your case.
Some of these factors include:
- If another individual or entity is responsible for causing your pedestrian accident and subsequent injuries
- If another party could be at fault for your injuries
- Whether you have suffered considerable physical and/or emotional trauma
- The total of your financial losses
- Whether the accident or your resulting injuries have substantially affected your life
For your claim to succeed, your Allen pedestrian accident attorney must prove that the four elements of negligence apply to your case. Those elements include:
- The defendant in your pedestrian accident claim owed you a duty of care.
- The defendant failed to take action or behaved negligently, thereby breaching their responsibility to maintain your safety.
- The defendant’s actions or conduct caused an accident.
- You suffered physical injuries, mental anguish, or financial damages as a result.
For a free legal consultation with a pedestrian accidents lawyer serving Allen, call (972) 535-6377
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries to Sue for
Countless injuries could occur in a pedestrian accident. This is partly because pedestrian accidents can occur in so many different ways. Additionally, while vehicle passengers have the car’s frame to protect them, and many bicycle or motorcycle riders protect themselves by wearing a helmet, a pedestrian has nothing to protect them if a car strikes them.
This means a pedestrian may be at higher risk for suffering severe injuries in an accident than other involved parties. Some potential injuries seen in Allen pedestrian accident claims include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) or other head and neck injuries, including concussions, hematomas, contusions, coma, soft tissue injuries, and whiplash
- Other physical injuries, including broken bones, amputations, back injuries, herniated discs, spinal cord injuries, paralysis, and internal injuries
- Psychological trauma, including the onset of substance abuse, eating disorders, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), panic disorder, anxiety, and self-harming behaviors
If your pedestrian accident caused another type of injury not listed above, you may still have the right to compensation for your suffering. Your Allen pedestrian accident attorney can help you understand what injuries and damages may be compensable in your case.
Allen Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
How a Pedestrian Accident Attorney in Allen Could Help You
After being involved in a traumatic pedestrian accident, the last thing on your mind may be pursuing a claim or lawsuit. Fortunately, with a pedestrian accident attorney advocating for you, you can breathe a sigh of relief.
Your pedestrian accident lawyer in Allen can handle all the important legal matters surrounding your case. Some of their most important responsibilities will include:
- Interviewing witnesses and hiring experts to testify
- Investigating the cause of your pedestrian accident
- Gathering other valuable evidence to prove fault in your case
- Preparing insurance and civil claim documents
- Reviewing your damages to calculate the value of your pedestrian accident claim
- Ensuring your meet all necessary deadlines
- Negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company
- Presenting your civil lawsuit at trial if necessary
What Is Your Pedestrian Accident Claim Worth?
Many pedestrian accident victims are surprised to learn of the different losses they have the right to recover as part of their claims. The truth is, you should be compensated for every single way you have been affected by your pedestrian accident injuries.
To ensure you get the most out of your claim, your lawyer will need to review your compensatory damages in detail. Compensatory damages account for both economic and non-economic damages, which describe your financial and non-financial losses.
Examples of compensable damages may include:
- The income you lost by being unable to work
- Your inability to continue earning a living and providing for your family
- The chronic pain and mental suffering caused by your physical injuries
- Your inability to participate or find joy in events, activities, and hobbies you once loved
- Difficulty in maintaining close relationships with your friends and family members
- Embarrassment at your disfiguring injuries or skin scarring
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Important Allen Pedestrian Accident Lawsuit Deadlines
When you are ready to move forward with your pedestrian accident lawsuit, you must do so quickly. Texas has a two-year statute of limitations regarding pedestrian accident and personal injury claims (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003).
Those who attempt to file pedestrian accident lawsuits once the statute of limitations has expired will likely have their case dismissed. If you have concerns that the statute of limitations is approaching in your case, or if you want to do everything you can to get started on your case before the statute of limitations becomes an issue, we encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible.
Get Help from a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer in Allen
Your pedestrian accident injuries may have upended your life. But with help from an Allen pedestrian accident lawyer at Underwood Law Office, you can get the legal guidance and support you need. We can help you fight for the compensation and benefits you deserve.
Get started on your insurance or civil claim by contacting our office for a no-cost, risk-free consultation. You can reach us by phone or through our online contact form to start working on your case today.