A misdiagnosis is a significant error that can increase the risk of serious illness and death. If you are the victim of a medical professional’s misdiagnosis, you may get compensation for lost income, medical costs, pain and suffering, and other damages caused by the misdiagnosis.
A Huntington misdiagnosis lawyer from Underwood Law Office will fight for the money you deserve. Our firm provides compassionate representation to malpractice victims in the greatest times of need. We will handle your medical malpractice case from start to finish.
We Will Seek Compensation for the Damages Caused by Your Misdiagnosis
When you went to the doctor, you may have sought relief for physical symptoms. You were also seeking the peace of mind that can come from an accurate diagnosis and treatment plan. Instead, a misdiagnosis may have caused you several types of harm, including:
- Unnecessary medical expenses: A misdiagnosis may lead you to receive tests and treatments you did not need. The cost of these unnecessary medical services may be recoverable.
- Medical expenses to diagnose the actual condition: You may have had to undergo medical evaluation to receive the accurate diagnosis. If the first medical professional had done their job properly, you may have avoided this secondary evaluation and diagnosis.
- Pain and suffering: A misdiagnosis may cause you to continue suffering from symptoms of an illness without relief. A doctor may also recommend painful treatments like surgery based on a misdiagnosis. You may suffer physical pain, lost quality of life, and other types of pain and suffering as a consequence.
- Professional damages: If your symptoms prevent you from working, a doctor’s misdiagnosis may cost you income, earning power, and other benefits of working. You may also have professional damages if a doctor recommends surgery or other treatments that prevent you from working.
Uncaught cancers, cardiac events, and undetected infections are among the consequences of misdiagnoses. These outcomes show the severity of diagnostic errors, as a misdiagnosis can truly be a matter of life and death.
Misdiagnosis Can Cause a Wrongful Death
The ultimate cost of a misdiagnosis is a wrongful death. Medical conditions can become worse, and even fatal, when a doctor fails to identify and treat them. If you have lost a loved one because of a misdiagnosis, your recoverable damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of spousal companionship and intimacy
- Loss of parental guidance
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s contributions to their household
- Loss of financial support
A medical misdiagnosis lawyer from Underwood Law Office will identify each of your damages in Huntington. We will consider any future damages you are likely to suffer and calculate the exact value of each of your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a misdiagnosis lawyer serving Huntington, call (972) 535-6377
Why Victims of Misdiagnoses in Cabell and Wayne Counties Choose Underwood Law Office
Victims of medical malpractice deserve a lawyer with ample financial resources, relevant experience, and a professional approach. The attorneys at Underwood Law Office pride themselves on helping clients needlessly harmed by others, including victims of negligent medical professionals.
Our clients receive:
- Dedicated client service: Underwood Law Office has earned a reputation for client service. We are active communicators, show empathy for clients’ difficult circumstances, and do everything we can to satisfy you. Professionalism is always part of the Underwood Law Office experience.
- A no-fee guarantee: You will not pay us any fee when you hire us. Should we win your case, our firm will receive a percentage of the financial recovery. If you do not get the compensation we seek, you owe us nothing.
- A firm that will fight for every dollar: We are trial attorneys. That means we continue fighting until we get the financial recovery you deserve, even if that means going to trial. We never settle unless the offer is right.
- End-to-end representation: We will take your case down to the wire. Our attorneys fight until your case is complete, and we handle every step along the way. You’ll be able to focus wholeheartedly on your recovery because we’ll take care of your medical malpractice case.
If you want proof of our firm’s dedication to clients, look no further than our testimonials.
Former Clients Sing the Praises of Underwood Law Office
Do not take the words of former clients lightly. These clients have a clear view of how our law firm treats clients and how hard our attorneys fight. Our firm’s client reviews include:
- “Overall I’m happy with services provided by Underwood Law. They were highly detail oriented throughout the process of my hearing.” – Martin Bravo, former client
- “I had a great experience with Underwood. They were kind, compassionate, and provided me with fantastic advice. They should be your first choice when choosing an attorney to represent you.” – Mark Meadows, former client
- “I am so glad I hired Underwood Law Firm. They were so professional and friendly. I would highly recommend anyone to hire them. I got what I was after because of them.” – Elizabeth Mowbray, former client
We hope that you will choose to join the ranks of former clients satisfied with Underwood Law Office’s representation.
Huntington Misdiagnosis Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
What We Do for Victims of Misdiagnoses in Huntington
If you are seeking compensation for a misdiagnosis, chances are that you may still have symptoms of illness or injury. Our team will allow you to recover and rest as we:
- Document instances of medical malpractice: We will seek evidence of the misdiagnosis and any other malpractice you’re the victim of.
- Document your damages: We will seek medical records, medical images, medical bills, proof of lost income, testimony about your pain and suffering, and other relevant documentation of your damages.
- Calculate your losses: We’ll determine how much the medical professional’s misdiagnosis has cost you. This sum will tell us how much money to negotiate for.
- Lead settlement negotiations: Your Huntington misdiagnosis lawyer will represent you in settlement negotiations, which are a critical stage of medical malpractice lawsuits.
- Take your case to trial, if we need to: As a law firm staffed by trial lawyers, we jump at the opportunity to represent clients at trial.
Underwood Law Office has your back from start to finish.
Call Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation
A lawyer from our firm will seek a financial recovery that reflects the severity of your misdiagnosis. Our team in Huntington will start your case as soon as possible, so don’t wait to contact us.
Call Underwood Law Office today for your free consultation.