If a medical professional misdiagnosed your condition, they may be responsible for the worsening of an actual condition. The liable doctor may also be responsible for unnecessary medical care and related damages. A Carrollton misdiagnosis lawyer from Underwood Law Office will seek money to cover all of your losses.
Our medical malpractice lawyers have decades of experience. We fight for those who suffer needlessly because of the negligence of others, including medical professionals.
Why You May Sue for Misdiagnosis, and What Damages You May Get in Carrollton
The journal StatPearls explains that a medical professional is liable if they do not offer the same level of care that another physician would have. When the medical professional’s failure to act reasonably causes harm, you can sue for damages.
Our team will assess the specific damages you have suffered because of a misdiagnosis. Your losses may include:
- Pain and suffering: A medical professional’s misdiagnosis may cause you to suffer symptoms longer than you should have to. Also, a doctor may have improperly recommended harmful treatments. Pain and suffering from a misdiagnosis can include pain, emotional distress, depression, and other symptoms.
- Lost income: When you are sick or injured, you may be unable to work or only able to work in a limited capacity. If a doctor diagnoses you properly, you may be able to heal and return to full working capacity. If a doctor misdiagnoses your condition, they may prevent you from healing and earning your usual income.
- Medical expenses: A doctor may have urged you to get various treatments that you did not need. The negligent party may be financially responsible for these expenses.
The diagnosis and treatment recommendations you received could affect your damages. If a doctor misdiagnosed a life-threatening condition, they may be responsible for the wrongful death of your loved one. In fatal misdiagnosis cases, additional damages may include:
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of parental guidance
- Permanent loss of financial support
Underwood Law Office regularly handles medical malpractice cases. We’re familiar with losses that commonly result from misdiagnoses. We’ll identify your damages and seek fair compensation for all of them.
For a free legal consultation with a misdiagnosis lawyer serving Carrollton, call (972) 535-6377
Why Trust Underwood Law Office to Manage Your Misdiagnosis Case in Carrollton?
The team at Underwood Law Office has a personal connection to each medical malpractice case we handle. It is our goal to help clients in their most desperate times, and damages resulting from a misdiagnosis can certainly leave you desperate for justice.
We will lead your case with empathy, promising to:
- Take the legal process off of your hands: We will ensure that you can recover in peace without worrying about the legal process. Our team will lead your medical malpractice case from start to finish, taking care of every detail, both large and small.
- Fight for the entire financial recovery you deserve: If we accept your case, it is because we believe you are the victim of negligence. There is no excuse for negligence in the medical sector. We will work to hold the liable doctor and their employer completely responsible for the harm they’ve caused you.
- Keep you informed: While we will give you plenty of space to recover, we’ll inform you whenever circumstances in your case change. You are the one who has suffered because of medical malpractice, and you deserve to know the status of your case at all times.
- Support your case with all our might: When you hire a lawyer from Underwood Law Office, you get the support of our entire team. We’ll use our finances, manpower, and other resources to seek justice for your misdiagnosis in Carrollton.
Our firm plans to win every misdiagnosis case that we handle. Expect us to fight the entire way for your best interests and your financial recovery.
Former Clients Review Underwood Law Office
We are proud of the positive reviews we have earned from our former clients:
- “Mark and his team are amazing to work with. Mr. Underwood knows the law and it shows. Extremely happy with the service Underwood law provides.” – Tom Crandall
- “Mark was upfront and honest with me. He made sure I knew what was happening with my case every step of the way. He told me upfront about the expected timelines and any delays were communicated to me right away. His team was always very quick to respond to my emails and/or text.” – Star Breece
- “I can’t even fully express how thankful my family is for the outstanding work put in by Underwood law office.” – Breanna Bates
We provide the same personalized legal care we afforded these grateful clients.
Carrollton Misdiagnosis Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
You Focus on Recovery, We’ll Handle Your Medical Malpractice Case in Carrollton from Start to Finish
We have won many medical malpractice cases. Our team knows what to expect, and we’re prepared to handle every step in your case. Our duties may include:
- Determining liability for your damages: The doctor who misdiagnosed your condition may be liable, as may be their employer. Each case is unique, and we’ll identify everyone with financial liability for your damages.
- Calculating and documenting your damages: We’ll identify all of your damages (including likely future damages) and determine the cost of each. Your lawyer will also get documentation of those damages.
- Leading settlement negotiations: Settlement talks are a critical step in every civil case, though settlement negotiations are rarely easy. Leave this process to our attorneys, who are comfortable fighting for clients in the negotiating room.
- Taking your case to court: Underwood Law Office employs trial attorneys with a track record of trial victories. If going to court is the right option for you, that is what we’ll do.
Your lawyer will protect your interests throughout the legal process.
Click to contact our Carrollton Medical Malpractice Lawyers today
Call Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation About Your Misdiagnosis Case in Carrollton
Let a lawyer pursue a financial recovery that compensates you for the cost of your misdiagnosis. Underwood Law Office knows Carrollton, and we know the kind of representation that you deserve. We will navigate the entire legal process for you, ensuring that your focus remains on recovery.
Call Underwood Law Office today for your free consultation.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form