As a patient, you put your life in the hands of medical professionals you felt were highly trained and would treat you with care. When surgical errors occur, you could be left with injuries or an illness that impact your whole life. You may be able to take legal action against the liable party. Our Frisco surgical error lawyer can help you organize your case.
There are many types of surgical errors that can occur. These acts of carelessness can cause severe, long-term damage. Our team at Underwood Law Office can investigate your case to determine the liable party. Then, we can help you seek compensation to pay for your surgery-related losses.
Recoverable Damages in Your Frisco Surgical Error Case
In Frisco, you are permitted to recover damages when errors during surgery harm you and impact your well-being. You can collect economic damages, which can compensate you for:
- Hospital bills
- Physician charges
- Surgical costs
- Lost income
You can also collect non-economic losses, which are the intangible damages you suffered. Our Frisco medical malpractice lawyer can help you determine the cost of your non-economic damages. These losses could include:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
After a surgical error, you deserve compensation for the range of your economic and non-economic losses.
For a free legal consultation with a surgical error lawyer serving Frisco, call (972) 535-6377
How Our Surgical Error Attorney Can Assist in Your Case
Our Frisco surgical error attorney can help you understand the legal options that apply to your case. We can also help you understand your rights by explaining the applicable state and federal laws. There are several tasks your attorney can handle on your behalf, including:
- Gathering medical records
- Reviewing surgical records and procedures
- Hiring medical experts to provide expert testimony
- Collecting evidence of damages
- Writing a compelling statement
- Negotiating a fair settlement
- Representing you in court
- Filing any needed appeals
You don’t need to worry about managing your case while you recover from your surgical error. Let our team handle all the legal details.
Our Former Clients Recommend Underwood Law Office
As a firm, every team member prides themselves on their work helping injured victims. Our previous clients have said:
- “Mark and his team are great. Mark was upfront and honest with me. He made sure I knew what was happening with my case every step of the way… He told me upfront about the expected timelines and any delays were communicated to me right away. Underwood Law did an awesome job on getting my case settled.” – Star
- “Overall, I’m happy with services provided by Underwood Law. They were highly detail oriented throughout the process of my hearing.” – Martin
- “Worked hard reviewing my records, submitting my claim… Natalie was great to respond to questions and representing me – they won my case! Thanks Underwood!” – Rhonda
Frisco Surgical Error Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
We Are an Affordable Surgical Error Law Firm
You shouldn’t have to avoid hiring an attorney because of the cost. Our firm is proud to find ways to be affordable to everyone. You can work with our Frisco surgical error lawyer on a contingency-fee basis. We won’t charge you any upfront costs or fees.
We will take an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation as our payment. You will only pay us when your case is settled or won. This payment arrangement means you don’t have to pay us anything out-of-pocket.
Time Limits for Filing Surgical Error Lawsuits in Frisco
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 74.251, you will likely have two years to file a lawsuit for medical malpractice. Your attorney can explain how the statute of limitations applies to your case.
If you miss the filing deadline, you may lose your chance to recover compensation. Our team can work with you to keep your case on track. We can ensure your lawsuit is filed by the appropriate deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Determining the Liable Party in Your Surgical Error Case
We rely on physicians and surgeons to provide a high level of medical care. However, sometimes mistakes occur. Surgical errors can be challenging to prove. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 74 details the state’s rules for medical liability.
We must prove that another party was liable for your surgical error in order to seek compensation. In some cases, the liable party could be:
- A surgeon who made a mistake while operating on you
- A nurse who helped with your surgery
- The healthcare facility that could have hired a doctor that was not qualified to perform your surgery
It’s possible that more than one party is responsible for your surgical error. This means we can seek compensation from multiple parties. We can prove these parties are responsible for compensating you by demonstrating negligence. Establishing negligence involves proving:
- The at-fault party had a responsibility to provide you with a safe surgical experience
- They failed to treat you with the expected level of care
- Their negligence is the reason you are suffering
- You experienced losses because of the liable party’s negligence.
Evidence such as your medical records, hospital bills, and photos of your injuries can help us establish liability.
Types of Medical Malpractice that Can Occur in Frisco
Some examples of surgical errors include:
- Anesthesia error
- Failure to diagnose
- Defective medical equipment
If any other medical error was the cause of your injury or illness, our Frisco surgical error attorney can investigate your case.
Common Surgical Errors Seen in Frisco Medical Malpractice Cases
While each case is unique and every medical condition is different for the individual, some common surgical errors include:
- Leaving instruments or other items in the body
- Lack of sterilization or not following protocols
- Lack of training of staff
- Bad communication during the procedure
- Inappropriate or unapproved surgical methods
- Operating on the wrong body part
These instances of negligence are inexcusable. Our Frisco surgical error attorney can help you seek justice.
Finding a Surgical Error Attorney in Frisco, Texas
Surgical error cases can be complex and challenging. When you want to understand all the legal options in your surgical error case, contact Underwood Law Office. Our attorneys are here to listen and help.
Our firm has experience handling cases like yours. When you are ready to begin seeking a fair settlement, call us. We can provide you with a free consultation and answer all of your case-related questions.