The impact a surgical error could have on your life is undeniable. When you discover you were a victim of a medical mistake, you may feel as though your trust has been violated. If you are stuck dealing with the physical, emotional, and financial consequences of your healthcare provider’s negligence, you can take legal action.
A McKinney surgical error lawyer at Underwood Law Office can help you bring the liable party to justice. Our team can help you seek fair compensation for your losses.
What Damages Can You Recover in Your McKinney Surgical Error Case?
When you are the victim of a surgical error, your entire life could be affected. Fortunately, we can help you file an insurance claim or a lawsuit against the liable party. They could be responsible for compensating you.
To accurately calculate the value of your surgical error case in McKinney, your McKinney medical malpractice lawyer will need to go over your losses in detail. Examples of both economic damages and non-economic damages you may be entitled to recover include:
- Every medical expense related to your surgical error, including the costs of corrective surgeries, medical equipment fees, diagnostic imaging costs, ambulance bills, prescription drug costs, transportation fees, and even co-pays
- Your loss of income, which could include employee benefits and your loss of future potential earnings, such as increases to your salary or bonus pay
- The physical pain you experienced as a result of your debilitating injuries
- Psychological trauma and distress, which may take the form of nightmares, insomnia, anxiety, and depression
- The costs of hiring someone to maintain your home or care for your children while you are unable to complete these tasks due to your surgical error injuries or illness
These are only a few of the types of losses you could recover in your surgical error case in McKinney. If you are hoping to get a better idea of how much you could be awarded, our team at Underwood Law Office can answer any questions you have.
For a free legal consultation with a surgical error lawyer serving McKinney, call (972) 535-6377
Our McKinney Surgical Error Lawyer Can Manage the Legal Details of Your Case
Our surgical error lawyers at Underwood Law Office strive to help our clients reach fair compensation and demand justice. When we take on your case, we will:
- Handle all communications with the other parties involved in your case, including insurance negotiations
- Keep you updated about the status of your case
- Provide you with information about your legal options
- Answer your questions without using any complicated legal language
Some of our previous clients have spoken about the service they received when they worked with Underwood Law Office. They’ve said:
- “I am so glad I hired Underwood Law Firm. They were so professional and friendly. I would highly recommend anyone to hire them. I got what I was after because of them.” – Elizabeth
- “Great people! Everybody at the Underwood Law Offices made one of the most frightening experiences of my life much more bearable.
Everyone there was always very helpful and very professional! Thanks guys/gals for helping me through one of the darkest times of my life!
I love yall!! – Robert
We have experience working on medical malpractice cases like yours, and we are committed to representing our injured clients.
McKinney Surgical Error Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
You don’t Need to Worry About the Price of Hiring Our Surgical Error Attorney
One of the benefits of working with our McKinney surgical error attorney is the ability to retain an attorney without having to put any money down or cover any out-of-pocket expenses.
Fortunately, our team at Underwood Law Office will cover these costs on your behalf. You will not have to pay us back unless we win your case. We work on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we only get paid when your case is won or settled.
After your case is settled, our team will receive a portion of your compensation as payment. This is a risk-free opportunity to seek justice and compensation for your suffering.
Who Can We Hold Liable for Medical Malpractice in McKinney?
Mistakes happen in every line of work. However, healthcare providers are held to a higher standard since their line of work requires them to have patients’ lives in their hands on a daily basis.
For us to pursue your surgical error case, your attorney will need to prove liability. The liable party could be:
- A surgeon
- A nurse who assisted with your surgery
- An anesthesiologist
- Any party who helped with your surgery
There could be multiple liable parties that we can pursue compensation from. We can prove liability by satisfying the four elements of negligence, which include:
- Duty of care: The liable party had a duty to provide you with a high standard of medical care.
- Breach of duty: The at-fault party did not uphold their duty of care.
- Causation: The liable party’s negligence was the direct cause of your injuries.
- Damages: The liable party’s negligence caused you to suffer damages.
Our McKinney surgical error lawyer can collect evidence such as your medical records to prove negligence.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How do Surgical Errors Happen in McKinney?
McKinney surgical errors can take many forms. However, there are some types of surgical errors we see more often in the civil court system than others. Examples include:
- Foreign objects or surgical instruments being left in body cavities
- Anesthesia mistakes
- Operating on the wrong person or body part
- Damaging a nerve or cutting an organ on accident
- Performing unnecessary surgery
- Performing an inappropriate surgery
Any of these surgical errors could give you grounds to take legal action.
Contact Us to Work With Our McKinney Surgical Error Attorney
Fighting for the compensation you are entitled to after a surgical mistake can be challenging. Let us help you prove the at-fault party owes you compensation.
Our firm is proudly offering free case reviews to victims of surgical errors and other medical mistakes across McKinney. Call us today to learn more about our McKinney surgical error lawyer.