A doctor’s misdiagnosis can cause a range of problems, from worsening medical problems to financial losses and pain and suffering. A Richardson misdiagnosis lawyer from Underwood Law Office will fight for fair compensation to cover all your misdiagnosis-related damages.
Our firm has decades of legal experience, including a deep background in medical malpractice cases. Our team will lead your case so you can focus on recovery.
Damages We May Recover for Your Misdiagnosis in Richardson
Misdiagnosing a medical condition is a serious error that can lead to:
- Unnecessary (and potentially dangerous) medical treatment: Depending on the nature of the misdiagnosis, a doctor could order testing, surgery, or other treatment courses that are unnecessary. Such treatments may come with immense risk, meaning the doctor’s error exposed you not only to discomfort but also potential injury or death.
- Worsening of a medical condition: A misdiagnosis means the doctor did not identify the actual condition. Therefore, the undiagnosed condition may become worse because the medical professional did not identify and treat it. In the case of potentially life-threatening conditions like cancer, a misdiagnosis can prove to be a fatal error.
- Scarring and disfigurement: When a medical condition requires surgery, the patient may emerge with scarring or other forms of disfigurement. If a medical professional had diagnosed and treated a condition earlier, surgery may have been unnecessary.
Each case of medical malpractice is unique, and our team will categorize all your losses into specific categories. Your damages may include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income, lost earning power, and other professional damages
- Pain and suffering
If you suffered any other damages because of a doctor’s misdiagnosis, we will identify them.
Potential Damages from Misdiagnosing a Psychological Condition
The journal Annals of General Psychiatry explains that misdiagnosis of psychological conditions happens with some regularity, and may have substantial negative consequences. Misdiagnosing a condition like depression, anxiety, or schizophrenia could lead to:
- Long periods of suffering
- Substance abuse
- A patient losing their job because of untreated symptoms
If you or a loved one sought help for a psychological condition but received an inaccurate diagnosis, we will seek justice for you.
For a free legal consultation with a misdiagnosis lawyer serving Richardson, call (972) 535-6377
Why Victims of Medical Malpractice in Richardson Choose Underwood Law Office to Represent Them
You should have a reason for choosing a law firm—never settle for the convenient or easy choice. Underwood Law Office gives its clients many reasons to hire them, including:
- Case results: Our attorneys work hard to get the money clients deserve. Our results show our firm is often successful in this mission. This record of success may be an important consideration as you search for an attorney.
- Reputation: Our attorneys have earned many positive reviews from former clients. Those clients speak about our firm’s relentless work ethic, drive to get every dollar the client deserves, and compassion.
- Resources: Underwood Law Office has been practicing for multiple decades. In this time, we’ve won many cases and built our resources. We can hire experts, take cases to trial, and cover every other expense your case may involve. Whatever we must do to fight for your financial recovery, we will do it.
We help people in their most desperate times of need. A lawyer from our team will handle every step of your misdiagnosis case in Richardson. Our team will update you when your case moves forward, and you’ll always know where the legal process stands.
Former Clients Explain Why You Should Hire Underwood Law Office
Consider a few testimonials that accurately describe the client experience at Underwood Law Office:
- “I am so glad I hired Underwood Law Firm. They were so professional and friendly. I would highly recommend anyone to hire them. I got what I was after because of them.” – Elizabeth Mowbray, former client
- “Great people! Everybody at the Underwood Law Offices made one of the most frightening experiences of my life much more bearable. Everyone there was always very helpful and very professional! Thanks guys/gals for helping me through one of the darkest times of my life!” – Robert Calk, Jr., former client
- “I want to say this firm and its employees, treated me and my case with the utmost professionalism and respect, I was always treated kindly and prompt return calls, my questions were always answered.” – Stacey Johnson, former client
Our entire team works tirelessly to earn these kinds of glowing reviews. Expect our entire firm’s support as we lead your misdiagnosis case in Richardson.
Richardson Misdiagnosis Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Services We Will Perform During Your Medical Malpractice Case in Richardson
Underwood Law Office handles our clients’ cases from start to finish, and we’ll assist you by:
Gathering Evidence of Malpractice
Your attorney will determine who is liable for your misdiagnosis. A medical professional likely committed the misdiagnosis, but their employer could be financially responsible for your damages.
To prove liability, we’ll seek evidence of malpractice, including:
- An incident report from the facility where the negligence occurred
- Medical professionals’ testimony about how the liable party should have diagnosed you
- Medical records documenting the eventual diagnosis the liable party failed to issue
- Any other evidence that supports your case for compensation
We will work alongside medical experts to identify and organize all relevant evidence.
Documenting Your Damages
We will get medical records, expert testimony, medical bills, proof of lost income, and all other relevant documentation of your damages.
Representing You During Settlement Negotiations
Using the evidence and documentation we have collected, our team will negotiate with liable parties. We will know exactly how much compensation you deserve, and that is the figure we will seek.
Settlement negotiations can be complex and even heated, and our firm will ensure you don’t face this process. We have ample experience negotiating on our clients’ behalf, and this is an essential service we offer you.
Click to contact our Richardson Medical Malpractice Lawyers today
Call Underwood Law Office Today for a Free Consultation
Our team serving Dallas and Denton Counties will start your medical malpractice case as soon as possible. A misdiagnosis is often a sufficient reason to file a lawsuit, and you may get compensation covering all your damages.
Call Underwood Law Office today for a free consultation. We’ll explain more about how our Richardson misdiagnosis lawyer can assist you and explain the next steps in your case.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form