If you’ve recently lost a loved one, you may be struggling to control your personal life and finances as you cope with your loss. If you were a beneficiary of your loved one, the ripple effects of their lost financial support can reach years into the future. Yet, you shouldn’t have to suffer these consequences–especially not on your own. Our personal injury lawyers want to help you pursue justice and a financial recovery for your family.
At Underwood Law Office, we strive to improve the lives of those who have been victimized by negligence. With the quality of our services, we hope to provide peace of mind during the legal process. While our Richardson wrongful death lawyer fights for your financial recovery, you can rest and focus on your family and your priorities. From the beginning to the end of your case, we will do everything in our power to hold the at-fault parties responsible for their actions.
Recoverable Damages in a Wrongful Death Case in Texas
Because of your loss, you have suffered personal, emotional, and financial consequences. These are called “damages.” As your attorneys, we can pursue compensation for these losses. Here are some common wrongful death damages in Texas:
- Lost financial support
- Loss of your loved one’s care, support, and guidance
- Loss or a close, loving relationship
- Pain and suffering experienced by surviving family members
- Lost inheritance
To get an idea of everything you’ve lost, we will gather evidence of your lost loved one’s earnings and how they provided for your family, such as pay stubs and W2s. Then, our team will talk with you to fully understand the ways your loved one contributed to and improved your life, so we can demand compensation for your personal and emotional losses.
For a free legal consultation with a wrongful death lawyer serving Richardson, call (972) 535-6377
Why Choose Underwood Law Office to Handle Your Case?
At Underwood Law Office, we are not just your legal advocates–we are your most ardent defenders. It’s our job to fight for a better future for you, and that means standing up against those who intend to diminish or deny your chance of financial recovery. As part of our services, here are some of the things we do for our clients:
- Handling all legal paperwork, making sure they meet regulations and deadlines
- Protecting your right to compensation by monitoring the statute of limitations
- Communicating with the insurers and the at-fault party
- Negotiating for appropriate compensation that will help you recover your losses and prepare for your future needs
- Gathering evidence to build a strong case that supports your claims
- Representing you in court proceedings, if your case escalates to a lawsuit
- Offering legal counsel during every stage of the process
- Answering questions, and being available when you need help
- Offering regular case updates
It’s our job to put our time, resources, and expertise into the fight for your financial recovery; however, we want to offer more than that. We hope to make a difference in your life while you’re our client, too.
One of the greatest measures of our success is client satisfaction. To give you an idea of what you can expect from our team, take a look at our testimonials:
- “Great people! Everybody at the Underwood Law Offices made one of the most frightening experiences of my life much more bearable.Everyone there was always very helpful and very professional! Thanks guys/gals for helping me through one of the darkest times of my life!” – Robert Calk Jr.
- “I had a great experience with Underwood. They were kind, compassionate, and provided me with fantastic advice. They should be your first choice when choosing an attorney to represent you.” – Mark Meadows
- “I want to say this firm and its employees, treated me and my case with the utmost professionalism and respect, I was always treated kindly and prompt return calls, my questions were always answered. Thank you so very much.” – Stacey Johnson
Richardson Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Types of Wrongful Death Cases You May Be Eligible to File
A “wrongful” death is classified as such when someone passes away because of the negligence or recklessness of another person. While there are many different ways this can happen, our firm has experience in a few common forms, including:
- Car accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Medical malpractice
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
If you don’t see the type of case you believe will apply to your loved one’s passing, you may still be eligible to file with our law firm. During your free consultation, we can talk with you about the circumstances of your loved one’s passing and give you an idea of your next steps.
Click to contact our Richardson Personal Injury Lawyers today
The Statute of Limitations for Wrongful Death Cases in Texas
Unfortunately, you don’t have an unlimited amount of time to file. In Texas, per the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years from their passing. To some, two years seems like a long time; however, your attorneys will need as much time as possible to build your case, navigate legal hurdles, and explore possible avenues for your compensation before this deadline expires.
Some exceptions to this deadline may shorten this two-year period. If this time period passes, you may forever lose your right to pursue the compensation you are owed. Our team would be happy to monitor and meet your deadlines on your behalf.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Underwood Law Office to Secure Your Richardson Wrongful Death Lawyer
If you’re struggling to move forward with your life after the loss of your loved one, you have options to financially and emotionally recover. Our firm can act as your legal representatives and advocates for justice. While you focus on yourself and your loved ones, we will handle the legal process.
Call or visit us online for your free consultation. During our conversation, we can discuss the details of your case and give you a better idea of what our team can do for you.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form