When you go in for surgery, you trust your healthcare team to deliver the best possible care. Unfortunately, mistakes and medical errors during surgery are more common than you might think. When that happens, you have options for seeking compensation.
If you suffered a debilitating injury or illness as a result of your healthcare provider’s negligence, you can file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. A Richardson surgical error lawyer at Underwood Law Office can pursue maximum compensation for your damages. You can start a free case review now.
Reasons to Partner With Our Surgical Error Team in Richardson
Medical malpractice cases can get complicated. Doctors don’t always own up to their mistakes. Some healthcare providers even try intimidating injured patients into silence. When you have a lawyer from our firm, you don’t have to worry about other parties threatening your right to damages.
Our medical malpractice lawyers intend to:
- Investigate your case
- Gather supporting evidence
- Manage all case-related communications
- Protect you from uncooperative or aggressive parties
- Finance your case’s obligations until its conclusion
- Explain your legal options
- File your claim
- Represent you in court
You don’t have to focus on anything other than getting better. We take care of everything else.
We Learn the Reason for Your Surgical Error in Richardson
Using evidence, your surgical error attorney can determine the error that hurt you. Investigating your case may involve consulting with third-party healthcare providers, reviewing your medical records, and documenting your condition. Some examples of surgical errors include:
- Accidentally injuring a nerve
- Performing an operation on the wrong body part
- Performing surgery on the wrong person
- Making an incision at the wrong location
- Leaving surgical equipment inside the body cavity
- Scheduling inappropriate or unnecessary surgery
- Administering too little or too much anesthesia
- Cutting an organ on accident
The reason for surgical errors can range from inexperience to just plain negligence. No matter the reason, if you suffered harm, you have legal options for seeking damages.
We Help Surgical Error Claimants in Richardson on a Contingency-Fee Basis
If you have concerns about affording our firm, you should know that we work on contingency. Essentially, you don’t pay anything upfront to get our help.
When it comes time to pay court fees or hire experts to testify, we cover those costs on your behalf. We act as your liaison throughout the claims process in the hopes of recovering total compensation for your damages. We do not ever expect our clients to pay attorney’s fees until we win their cases. You can learn more about this hassle-free arrangement when you connect with Underwood Law Office.
For a free legal consultation with a surgical error lawyer serving Richardson, call (972) 535-6377
Our Surgical Error Lawyers Intend to Seek Compensation for Your Damages
Calculating the cost of your injury-related damages is paramount. Until we understand the value of your losses, we cannot move forward with your claim.
Fortunately, we can calculate your damages soon after we begin working on your case. Your compensable losses generally fall into these two categories:
Economic Damages (Losses With Financial Values)
Economic damages are also commonly known as “special damages.” They apply to your financial losses, and documentation generally determines their value. Examples include:
- Loss of income
- Healthcare expenses, such as diagnostic imaging fees and hospital bills
- Diminished earning capacity
- Loss of household services
Non-Economic Damages (Losses Without Inherent Financial Values)
Non-economic damages are also commonly referred to as “general damages.” These losses can be difficult to calculate since they’re subjective. Your attorney will consider various aspects of your situation when seeking:
- Loss of society and support
- Loss of protection, advice, and guidance
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress and mental anguish
- Diminished quality of life
- Disfigurement and skin scarring
Because every case is different, this isn’t an exhaustive list of compensable damages. How much you can seek depends on the error, your health condition, and other related factors.
Richardson Surgical Error Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
We Advocate for Surgical Error Decedents’ Families in Richardson
Losing a loved one to a surgical error may leave you feeling overwhelmed, grief-stricken, and confused. So, we offer comprehensive legal support to people in situations like yours.
If you lost a loved one, compensation could account for your loved one’s funeral, burial, and memorial service. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003 notes that you generally have two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit, so we encourage you to connect with us today.
Read About Our Client Reviews, Accolades, and Testimonials
Underwood Law Office works tirelessly to help our clients recover maximum compensation. Here are some recent testimonials about our commitment to success:
- “Mark Underwood and his firm are highly recommended! [Our lawyer] was very informative and thorough. Their communication throughout the process was superb and in the end Mark went to battle for me and won!” – Jessica
- “The firm was fast, friendly, and very efficient in helping me through the claim process. My friend referred me to Underwood and I referred another friend as well… Trust me and go with Underwood. Thank you so much for all you did for me.”- Bruce
- “My husband and I are very thankful for Underwood Law Office and especially for Natalie Hall. We couldn’t have ask for better service. [Our lawyer] went above and beyond for our case and she got the results that we were hoping for. We highly recommend Underwood Law Offices.” – Tammy
We hope you’ll have similar positive sentiments at your case’s conclusion.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Our Surgical Error Team in Richardson for Help Today
Sometimes, surgeries don’t go as planned. However, there’s no excuse for preventable errors. If you or a loved one suffered harm because of a negligent healthcare provider, you have the right to partner with a lawyer.
Underwood Law Office wants to learn your story, pursue compensation, and hold the negligent party accountable. To begin your free, no-strings-attached case review, call today.