Many people in a busy area like Carrollton, Texas, use Lyft or other rideshare services for commuting to work, getting home after a night on the town, and much more. However, while rideshares can be a fantastic way to get around, accidents could still happen anytime you enter a vehicle.
If you suffered an injury or otherwise sustained any damages in a rideshare accident, you could have legal options for reimbursement of your mounting medical bills and lost income. Depending on your case, you could qualify for different types of compensation. A Carrollton Lyft accident lawyer can help you determine if you have a case.
Recoverable Compensation in Rideshare Accidents
Insurance companies and juries award compensation in Lyft cases based on the losses victims like you experience. They also consider the severity of the impact your accident had on your life. As a result, it is possible to recover damages like:
- If you had any medical bills related to your accident, you could recover reimbursement to pay for doctor’s visits, hospital stays, prescriptions, and more.
- Vehicle loss and damage to personal property in a Lyft accident could be covered if you win your case.
- Missing shifts at work can affect your finances; thankfully, you can recover lost income through legal action.
- If you suffer chronic pain and emotional trauma from the accident, legal action could recover compensation for this intangible loss.
Every case is different, so if you have questions about specific compensation, reviewing your case with a Carrollton Lyft accident attorney might make sense.
Suffering and Loss
Over 2.1 million victims of motor vehicle accidents visited the emergency room in 2020 to treat their injuries, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Many of these injuries cause a great deal of physical, emotional, and financial pain. If you were the victim of an accident, you might suffer in one or more of the following ways:
- Injuries: You might have sustained severe injuries in a Lyft accident, such as broken bones, traumatic brain injury, or extensive internal bruising.
- Trauma: When you use a rideshare app, you do not expect to become involved in an accident or altercation. A sudden trauma like this can emotionally distress your life.
- Economic loss: Lyft accidents can result in damage to your vehicle, lost personal property, and more.
If you experienced any loss in an accident with a Lyft vehicle, you could have grounds to take legal action. After all, it’s unfair that someone else’s carelessness or negligence altered your life. A Lyft accident lawyer serving the Carrollton area can determine if you have a case and explain your next steps.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Carrollton, call (972) 535-6377
Finding a Car Accident Lawyer to Help After a Lyft Crash
Following a Lyft accident, you might face the challenge of deciding if hiring a lawyer suits you. While you are not legally obligated to hire a lawyer, having a legal professional by your side can be beneficial in many ways:
- A team of legal professionals can strengthen your case by organizing your evidence and compellingly detailing the timeline of your accident and recovery.
- Our legal team will explain every step of filing a claim, so you understand the process.
- Your lawyer can answer questions about your claim, with an entire team of experienced legal professionals on call to address your concerns.
- Hiring a lawyer could help you determine how much compensation you might qualify to recover, allowing you to plan for your future.
- A lawyer and their support staff can assist you with paperwork that would otherwise involve a great deal of time and stress.
Our experienced team at Underwood Law Office has a history of concluding successful claims, as evident by our case results. Finding the right team to handle your case is essential, so do your research before choosing a lawyer who is right for you and your family.
Carrollton Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Proving Liability in Your Lyft Accident
Proving liability is an important part of every successful claim. Drunk driving, speeding, reckless driving, and driving while checking the Lyft app for potential rides could all be examples of negligent acts that could prove liability in court.
However, accidents involving rideshare apps like Lyft can prove particularly challenging to seek compensation. For example, they often involve several parties that share liability and unique insurance policies that Lyft and other rideshare apps have for their drivers.
Rideshare Accidents Are Unique
While a taxicab company hires its drivers, many Lyft drivers are civilians who contract with Lyft while operating their personal vehicles. This arrangement means:
- Lyft drivers don’t undergo the same training as taxi drivers
- They might not have extensive knowledge of Carrollton roads and traffic patterns
- They don’t follow the same rules for regular vehicle maintenance
- A complicated insurance situation to navigate following an accident
For example, if a Lyft driver has their app off, any accident would fall under their policy. However, while their app is on, but a passenger has not yet entered the vehicle, their coverage might differ from when a passenger is onboard. Additionally, there could be multiple passengers in a car and third parties involved in an accident.
With so many parties involved, figuring out which insurance company should pay for damages and who was at fault for an accident can be a nightmare. So, if you do not have a solid legal team by your side, a large company like Lyft could take advantage of you during this trying time in your life.
The Statute of Limitations in Texas
Personal injury cases in Texas have a two-year window to file a lawsuit per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. This timeline starts at the time of an accident.
However, legal claims can take time, and you do not want to miss your chance for compensation. Therefore, consider your limited window to act as you negotiate an insurance settlement, because you might need to file a lawsuit to get the compensation you deserve for all your losses.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact a Carrollton Lyft Accident Lawyer with Underwood Law Office Today
Are you thinking of filing a claim following your Lyft accident? If so, our team is available to discuss your case. Contact Underwood Law Office today for a free consultation and begin taking the first steps in your journey for the justice you deserve.