A criminal charge is a serious matter, regardless of the nature of the offense. Therefore, hiring a qualified Denton criminal defense lawyer should be your first move.
Underwood Law Office offers comfort and counsel to those facing criminal charges in Denton County. We will put forth a vigorous defense for you.
In This Article
- Types of Cases That Underwood Law Office Handles
- Why Choose Underwood Law Office to Defend You?
- Don’t Wait to Hire Underwood Law Office for Your Criminal Defense
Types of Cases That Underwood Law Office Handles
If you’re facing criminal charges of any kind, we can help. We handle a wide range of criminal cases, including these.
Driving or Boating While Intoxicated (DWI and BWI)
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) notes that “you’re breaking the law as soon as drugs or alcohol affect your driving.” Still, the state must prove you were intoxicated at the time of your arrest. We will craft a defense that suits the circumstances of your DWI or BWI charge.
Texas takes domestic violence extremely seriously. Thus, you need a sound defense, as potential consequences may include jail or prison time if you’re accused of harming:
- A spouse
- A girlfriend or boyfriend
- A child
- A blood relative
- A family member by adoption or marriage
Texas has an unforgiving reputation when it comes to drug-related offenses. As a result, you may face significant legal sanctions if you face charges for:
- Drug possession
- Drug trafficking
- Drug sales
- Drug manufacturing
- Other drug crimes in Texas
You must tread carefully if you’re facing drug-related charges. Though options like diversion programs may help you avoid life-changing consequences, these options are not a given. However, a persuasive case from an experienced attorney can go a long way.
Unlike some states, Texas does not separate the charges of “assault” and “battery.” Assault is a wide-encompassing charge ranging from a Class C misdemeanor to a first-degree felony. Any assault charge carries serious weight—and not just because of potential legal consequences. For example, a potential employer who sees assault on your record may assume that you’ve committed a serious act of violence, even if you haven’t.
A lawyer from our firm could obtain a dismissal or reduction of your assault charge.
Criminal charges of a sexual nature are among the most stigmatizing you can face. You may face a lengthy prison sentence, lifelong registry as a sexual offender, significant fines, and permanent damage to your reputation. So, you’re entitled to a vigorous defense if you face any of these charges:
- Sexual abuse
- Sexual assault
- Possession of illegal pornographic material
- Criminal solicitation
- Obscene display
Anyone facing a sex-related crime has much on the line. Not only do you face possible legal sanctions, but the destruction of your reputation. However, effective representation by a Denton criminal defense lawyer could spare you sanctions and clear your name.
Underwood Law Office will answer any questions you have. We can also provide a tenacious defense against any criminal allegations you face.
For a free legal consultation with a criminal defense lawyer serving Denton, call (972) 535-6377
Why Choose Underwood Law Office to Defend You?
Underwood Law Office has a clear goal for every client: to get your life back. For our clients facing criminal charges in Denton, that means fighting for your reputation and freedom.
When you hire Underwood Law Office, you should expect the best. Our former clients explain what that means:
- “I can’t even fully express how thankful my family is for the outstanding work put in by Underwood Law Office. Mark and his firm went above and beyond to make certain that we were taken care of. Through this journey with them they became family.” — Breanna B.
- “Excellent legal representation! Don’t waste time contacting other lawyers; if you are in need of results, contact Underwood Law Office. They are complete and thorough; they keep you informed every step of the way. I highly recommend Underwood Law Office.” – Marvin H.
We bring the same standard of care to each case we represent. Our team understands the seriousness of every criminal case.
What to Expect When You Hire Underwood Law Office
Every criminal case is unique. Therefore, we will tailor a defense directly to your circumstances. Some steps we generally take for clients facing criminal charges include:
- Collecting all facts and evidence: We will learn what charges you face, how those charges arose, and what evidence is available. We’re primarily concerned with any evidence that suggests your innocence.
- Analysis of law enforcement and prosecutor actions: Procedural errors can invalidate evidence—and may even lead to a case dismissal. We’ll identify any points where law enforcement or prosecutors acted inappropriately.
- Hiring experts: Experts can prove very influential in criminal cases. An expert may present testimony, contest assertions made by the prosecution, and help your case in other ways.
- Creating a comprehensive defense: An effective defense combines evidence, witness testimony, oral arguments, and other critical pieces. So, before we negotiate a plea deal or go to trial, we’ll craft a comprehensive defense.
- Negotiating a plea agreement: When appropriate, we may try to work out a plea agreement. However, we never accept a plea deal unless you are entirely comfortable with its provisions.
- Defending you at trial: If your case goes before a judge and jury, we’ll defend you as if we were the ones on trial.
We invest the necessary time, resources, and effort into each client’s case. You hire us because you expect a vigorous defense—that’s precisely what we will provide.
Denton Criminal Defense Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Don’t Wait to Hire Underwood Law Office for Your Criminal Defense
The time to prepare your defense may be waning. Criminal courts are notoriously unpredictable, and it’s best to prepare for anything. By hiring Underwood Law Office as soon as you can, we’ll have as much time as possible to prepare your defense.
Don’t go up against the state on your own. There is too much on the line. Instead, get help from an experienced criminal defense lawyer serving Denton. Call Underwood Law Office today for a consultation.