An automobile accident is already one of the worst things that may happen. You know what’s worse? The at-fault driver may attempt to avoid blame by escaping the incident site. Fortunately, a McKinney hit-and-run accident lawyer can help.
A hit-and-run crime happens when someone causes an automobile collision and flees the scene without leaving behind driver information. After a vehicle accident, drivers may escape because they are afraid, don’t have insurance, or don’t want to be held responsible for their actions.
When a person’s life has been turned upside down by a driver who fled the scene of a collision, they should contact a McKinney hit-and-run accident attorney to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve.
How Underwood Law Office Can Help
Following an accident, it wouldn’t be a surprise if a plaintiff is faced with mounting medical expenses. Because they cannot work, they may have to dip into their life savings to avoid going into debt. It’s extremely unjust, and they should sue for damages in court or through insurance companies.
The law governing hit-and-run incidents in McKinney, Texas, is complex. It’s not ideal to handle law matters by yourself, especially while recovering. Underwood Law Office understands the system, the law, and what it takes to get our clients paid for the considerable expenses they are experiencing. We’ll go to great lengths to not only investigate who’s the at-fault driver but also to recover any damages from the insurance carrier.
For a free legal consultation with a hit and run accidents lawyer serving McKinney, call (972) 535-6377
Why You Need a Hit-and-Run Accident Lawyer
Our attorneys are familiar with the complexities of the law and have dealt with similar circumstances in the past. They can also determine which insurance policies are applicable to each situation.
To ensure that clients receive the most compensation, our attorneys will take several actions both before and during court procedures. They will:
- Interview witnesses and police officers, gather evidence, as well as hire private investigators if necessary to track down the driver’s identity and liability.
- Negotiate with insurance companies and their lawyers to obtain a fair settlement. Insurance companies and their lawyers are only interested in making a profit, so they will try to get claimants to settle for as little as possible. We’re here to make sure that doesn’t happen.
- Construct the plaintiffs’ case and present it to the court. We will defend claimants against insurance companies and defendants attempting to disprove or deny their liability.
McKinney Hit and Run Accident Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Get the Compensation You Need
Because each case is unique, there is a broad range of damage award amounts based on the found evidence. Our lawyers will consider the circumstances in a plaintiff’s case to establish a rough estimate of how much their lawsuit is worth, depending on things like:
- The amount of money the plaintiff has lost due to their present inability to work, lost earning potential, medical expenses, and property damage
- The gravity of the claimant’s injury and whether it’ll have a long-term effect on them
- The insurance coverage and financial status of the defendant
- The claimant’s financial situation
- Anguish and misery
Click to contact our McKinney Car Accident Lawyers today
The Liable Party
McKinney hit-and-run accidents can be a complicated situation. There may be a lot of factors involved in explaining the plaintiff’s hit-and-run disaster. We can determine who is to blame once we have identified the causes of the accident.
Claimants can seek compensation from everyone who contributes to their accidents or injuries. The accident might involve the following:
- The hit-and-run driver
- Other road users
- The transportation company
- Employers of culpable individuals
- Governmental organizations
Our attorneys will need to establish that the defendant in a hit-and-run case was careless and accountable for the accident to win their case. Responsible persons have a legal obligation, or duty of care, to act in a way that does not damage others. Otherwise, they may be held guilty.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Act Fast, File Soon
After a car accident in Texas, claimants only have two years from the date of their accident to file a compensation claim, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. If claimants wait too long to file their claim, they may not get the compensation.
Claimants may file a lawsuit outside of the time restriction in particular circumstances. Please call a McKinney hit-and-run accident attorney as soon as possible to file a claim for damages before it’s too late. The sooner you file, the better, as your lawyer will have more time to gather evidence and build your case.
We’ve Helped Others in Similar Situations
We’ve helped customers cope with their personal injury situations and achieve the highest possible compensation at Underwood Law Office. Here are a few examples:
- When our client was shot while crossing a retail shop parking lot, he developed quadriplegia. The total amount of the settlement was $2,250,000.00.
- After the ceiling of a coal mine collapsed onto our client, he injured his hip and needed surgical plates and screws. As a result, we reached a $600,000.00 total settlement.
- Faulty tires caused our client’s automobile to hydroplane in bad weather. He sustained a serious brain injury. As a result, the client received a gross settlement of $1,179,000.00.
No Upfront Costs
We at Underwood Law Office operate on a contingency fee basis, which means we don’t get paid until our clients win their case. There is no need to worry about paying hourly rates, retainers, or other costs. Clients will only pay us after the legal process by deducting a small amount from their settlements.
Underwood Law Office is Available for a Free Consultation
A McKinney personal injury lawyer at Underwood Law Office can assist you if you are injured in a hit-and-run accident. While you rest and recover, we can handle your case.
Call us immediately at (972) 535-6377 for a free consultation with a member of our staff about your case. We can represent you on a contingency fee basis, and you won’t have to pay anything until we win your case.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form