Residents of Dallas have the right to apply for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). These Social Security Disability benefits programs are designed to support those who are disabled and cannot work.
If you need assistance with the application process or don’t know how to proceed after a denial, a Dallas Social Security Disability lawyer from our team can help. We can support you as you seek the benefits you need.
Working With Our Dallas Social Security Disability Lawyer
Applying for Social Security Disability isn’t always straightforward. During the application process, you may find yourself frustrated or confused. Receiving a denial can make matters even more complicated.
This is where our team at Underwood Law Office comes in. We’ve worked on Social Security Disability cases for years. We know how the application process works and know what to expect. This is how our Social Security Disability lawyer can support the residents of downtown Dallas and North Dallas:
- Building a case that demonstrates your need for Social Security Disability benefits
- Representing you at any hearings in your case
- Gathering all relevant documentation and submitting it on your behalf
- Ensuring that your claim is complete
- Supporting you through the appeals process if your claim was denied
Our team can be your legal representatives throughout the claims process. We can answer your tough questions and handle every aspect of your application. This way, you can spend less time worrying and more time adjusting to your new normal.
How Much Does a Social Security Disability Lawyer From Our Firm Cost?
Our team works on a contingency-fee basis. This means that you pay us nothing upfront to hire one of our lawyers. Our payment will come as a percentage of your backpay, which is the money you receive while you wait for the SSA to make a decision on your case. We also offer free consultations, making it risk-free to find out what we can do for your case.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving Dallas, call (972) 535-6377
You Can Apply for SSI and SSDI in Dallas
When you apply for SSI and SSDI, the Social Security Administration (SSA), may ask you questions about:
- Your age
- Your previous work history
- Your current income
- The number of resources (possessions that can be sold for goods or services) that you own
At Underwood Law Office, we’re proud to provide a range of legal services to residents of Dallas and North Dallas. If you’re unsure how to apply for these benefits programs, our firm is ready to work with you.
Applying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
SSI is for those who are:
- Over the age of 65
- Or disabled
In addition to meeting one of these three parameters, you must also have:
- Low income
- Low resources
Keep in mind that this is just a brief over of SSI’s eligibility factors. For additional information, consider speaking with our Dallas Social Security Disability lawyer.
Qualifying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
The qualifying factors for SSDI are less specific. This program covers those who:
- Are disabled
- Have worked and paid taxes into Social Security
For some workers, whenever they pay taxes, a portion of these taxes go into the federal government’s Social Security fund. By paying into this fund, you earn work credits. To qualify for SSDI, you generally need a certain number of work credits in a job that has paid toward Social Security. However, caveats to this rule may apply.
Dallas Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
How Does the SSA Determine Disability?
Disability qualification is key to qualifying for both SSI and SSDI. If you don’t have a qualifying disability, you typically can’t receive benefits. To determine if you’re disabled, the SSA will ask the following questions when reviewing your case:
- Are you working?
- Is your condition “severe”?
- Is your condition found in the SSA’s list of qualifying disabilities?
- Can you work your previous job?
- Can you work another job?
Depending on the answers to these questions, the SSA will either approve or reject your application.
What You Can Do if Your Claim Is Denied
When your Social Security Disability claim is denied, you can begin the appeals process. Here’s an overview of what that process would look like:
- Reconsideration: If your claim is denied, you can ask the SSA if they will reconsider your denial.
- Hearing with an Administrative Law Judge: You can also seek a new judgment on your claim by explaining your case to an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ). Here, you’ll have the chance to explain your case to an ALJ in your own words.
- Appeals Council review: Sometimes, an ALJ hearing does not change the status of your claim. You can move forward with an Appeals Council review. At this stage of the appeals process, the Appeals Council will review your case to determine if the ALJ made an incorrect decision on your claim.
- Federal Court lawsuit: You can file a lawsuit to have the Federal Court hear your case.
Our team serving downtown Dallas and North Dallas can be there for you through each step of the appeals process.
Click to contact our Texas Social Security Disability Lawyers today
What Information Do You Need To Apply for Social Security Disability in Dallas?
To apply for SSI or SSDI, you’ll need to gather the following information:
- Information about you: This group of information includes your personal details, like children, Social Security information, and bank routing numbers.
- Information about your medical condition: When applying for Social Security Disability, it’s imperative that you provide detailed information about your medical condition. The SSA relies on this documentation to determine if you’re disabled or not. Medical records, prescription lists, and doctor’s notes are all relevant here.
- Information about your work: Here, you’ll need to list your employment history, including active military participation. Income is another important part of work information.
The Social Security Administration (SSA) provides detailed information about what evidence you’ll need to provide with your application. Our Dallas team can review your application and help gather the necessary documents to include.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Hire Our Dallas Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
When you need guidance applying for Social Security Disability, our team is here to help. We can also advocate for you during the appeals process. Contact Underwood Law Office for a free, no-obligation consultation today. We can clarify the complex claims process.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form