Social Security Administration (SSA) offices provide a range of services to their constituents. At your local North Dallas office, you can receive further information about qualifying for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). This article provides information about the North Dallas Social Security Disability office and explains the disability benefits you may qualify for.
North Dallas Social Security Office
The North Dallas Social Security disability office is located at the following address:
10824 North Central Expressway
Dallas, Texas 75231
To reach the office, you can use the following methods of contact:
- Phone: 1-800-772-1213
- Fax: 1-833-515-0513
The office is open Monday through Friday, from 9 AM to 4 PM. While you may be able to secure a spot by walking in, it’ll likely take longer than calling ahead to schedule to appointment. If you’re planning an appointment with the office and unsure what to expect, our team can provide you with a free case evaluation.
Services Provided by the North Dallas Social Security Disability Office
At the North Dallas Social Security Disability office, you can:
- Submit a benefits application
- Adjust bank account information for benefits
- Request a new Social Security card if it was lost or stolen
- Secure proof of your Social Security Benefits
These are just a few of the services provided at this location. Keep in mind that many of these services are provided online, too, through the SSA’s website.
For a free legal consultation with a social security disability lawyer serving North Dallas, call (972) 535-6377
Working With a Dallas County Social Security Disability Lawyer
Social Security Disability matters are complicated. To apply, you’ll need to:
- Determine your eligibility
- Select the type of disability you’re applying for
- Gather relevant documentation
- Complete the SSA application
At our firm, we understand how frustrating this process can be, especially if your initial application was denied. Our team can review your application and work alongside you through the appeals process. These are the services a North Dallas Social Security Disability lawyer from our firm can provide you:
- Reviewing your initial application
- Helping you gather relevant documentation
- Acting as your assistant and representative during the appeals process
- Fighting for the best outcome possible
- Helping you avoid crucial mistakes during the application or appeals process
Over the years, our team has supported many clients throughout Dallas and Texas with their Social Security Disability claims. These are their testimonials:
- “I am so thankful for Underwood- I made one trip to their office, they gave me steps to filing for Social Security disability. Everything went very smoothly and I was awarded my Social Security disability in record time. I would definitely recommend them for any legal process you might be facing.” – Cam L.
- “I was able to focus all my attention on my health issues while Underwood Law took care of getting my Social Security benefits approved. What a great relief that was. Thank you Underwood Law.” – Mark M.
- “People was friendly and did good job getting my disability. They listened to what I had to say and gave me advice when time to go before the judge.” – Patricia F.
North Dallas Social Security Disability Lawyer Near Me (972) 535-6377
Which Social Security Disability Benefits Should I Apply For?
The Social Security Disability benefits you apply for depend on several factors, including:
- Your previous work history
- Your current income
- The status of your disability
Here, we’re intimately familiar with the criteria the SSA uses to evaluate disability claims. We can explain which form of benefits makes the most sense for you and kickstart your application.
Click to contact our Texas Social Security Disability Lawyers today
Supplemental Security Income
Supplemental Security Income, or SSI, is one of two primary forms of federal disability benefits. This form of benefit is designed for those who are:
- Over the age of 65
- Have low income and resources
You must also have a qualifying disability or be blind.
What Is Considered Income?
Income refers to earned and unearned income. Earned income includes:
- Self-employment earnings
- And more
Unearned income covers:
- Federal benefits
- Workers’ compensation
- Veterans’ compensation
- And more
To qualify, an individual must earn less than $861 in unearned income or $1,767 in earned income per month. Keep in mind there are several exemptions in the income category, including:
- Income tax refunds
- Food stamps
- Certain types of medical coverage
- And more
This is only a brief list of exemptions and income types. For further information, review the SSA’s SSI 2022 guide. Our team can also answer any questions you have about your eligibility during a free case evaluation. Speaking with an employee of the North Dallas Social Security Disability office could prove beneficial, too.
What Are Considered Resources?
Resources are possessions that can be exchanged for goods or services. Generally, an individual must have less than $2,000 in resources to qualify for SSI. Exemptions to the resources rule include:
- One home
- One personal vehicle
- Life insurance policies
- Burial plots
- And more
The aforementioned SSA SSI guide goes into further detail about resource exemptions.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Social Security Disability Insurance
Social Security Disability Insurance, or SSDI, is like a state-run insurance program. If you view your tax receipts, you’ll see a specific category called “Social Security.” This tells you how much you pay towards SSDI participation with each tax payment.
Therefore, to qualify for SSDI, you must have worked for a specific length of time. This length of time is determined via “work credits.” In 2022, $1,150 in wages or self-employment income nets you one “work credit.” You can earn up to four “work credits” per year. Typically, you must have 40 credits to qualify for SSDI, although exceptions do apply in certain situations. As with SSI, you must have a qualifying disability.
Can I Appeal a Social Security Disability Denial?
Yes, you’re permitted to appeal a Social Security Disability denial. In fact, according to the SSA, most initial claims are denied. There are four steps to the appeals process:
- Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) hearing
- Appeals Council hearing
- Federal court legal action
At each step of the appeals process, you’ll receive either an approval or a denial. If you’re denied during the first three steps, you have the right to file a lawsuit in a relevant North Dallas federal court.
At Underwood Law Office, we’re here for those who’ve received a denial of their claim. We can fight by your side throughout the appeals process and prepare you for hearing appearances.
Hire a Social Security Disability Lawyer Today
If you need assistance preparing for your upcoming North Dallas Social Security Disability office meeting, our team can evaluate your case. Contact our offices today to get in touch with a representative from Underwood Law Office.
Call or text (972) 535-6377 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form